Focal Point
Error parsing report request

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6981008331

October 25, 2004, 07:54 PM
<Lee Roper>
Error parsing report request
I'm a newbie at WebFocus, so please bear with me. I am trying to create a report from an a master file that was created by someone else in my organization. Every month a new text file of data is downloaded and saved with that month's name. The master is not mapped so it can be set to look at any of the months' data files. When I build a report in MRE, I edit the source to point it to the correct file one the server. I'm trying to do this now in Developer Studio, but when I put in this filedef, it gives me an error parsing the report request: FILEDEF CLAIM DISK /bendata/AetnaClaimsData/WorkingFiles/CLAIMS/Clm0904.txt

How should I put this in?

Thanks, Lee
October 25, 2004, 08:06 PM
Leah
For the CLAIMS master file definition, it assumes the execution on the server or whereever you are running in the MRE environment. Is the filedef pointing to your 'hard drive', if so a copy of the CLAIMS MFD needs to be in the path. if the file is on the server, then you need to run remote and ensure the filedef points to the correct 'drive'

Leah C
October 26, 2004, 04:38 PM
susannah
Lee, i take the easy way out and use absolute references for my files, rather than server references. i've never had much luck with server references in my environ.
FILEDEF CLAIM DISK D:\IBI\APPS\bendata\AetnaClaimsData\WorkingFiles\CLAIMS\Clm0904.txt

or wherever your file is. and my server maintains mapped connections to other network drives (a stunt in win2k server!)
So, where actually is your claim data file? Is it on your server? is it on a drive mapped by your server?