Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Using nobreak option when using a template

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Using nobreak option when using a template
 Login/Join

<Shyam L>
posted
Hi All,
Is there a restriction on using "OPEN NOBREAK" option while using a template in Excel.
Code is something like this:
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K OPEN NOBREAK TEMPLATE 'tmplt1'
some code
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K CLOSE TEMPLATE 'tmplt1'.

Its giving EOF (end of file) exception.
Any ideas?

Thanka,
Shyam

Report This Post
<Shyam L>
posted
Actual error which I m getting is this:
Message Code Message Text

BTP1010 Starting worker thread
BTP1020 Starting task: Report
BTP1020 Task type: MR Standard Report
BTP1020 Retrieving MR report: app/report
BTP1020 Connecting to server EDASERVE with execution id 1
BTP1020 Executing focexec.
BTP1010 Task error:Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException
BTP1010 No report to distribute.

Report This Post
<Shyam L>
posted
I have referred to the previous posts on the same subject, but none of them seems to answer this case.

Scheduling from report Caster and using an excel template while generating output on a single page. I just have one sheet in my output and want to concatenate two Table file outputs one below the other.
Has anyone encountered this issue previously?

Thanks in advance,
Shyam L

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Shyam L>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
OPEN, NOBREAK and CLOSE are COMPOUND syntax which is not what Templates are about.

Use COMPOUND only to do what you are attempting and NOT templates.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
<Shyam L>
posted
Tony, thanks for the post.
Does that mean you can never accomplish having a single page compound report in an excel template?

Without template its working fine. I need a Landscape Legal setting for the page which the excel macro is currently doing. Can it be accomplished in any other way?

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I haven't done this, but you could try creating your reports in 2 different sheets and using the macro in the template to pull the data into one sheet.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
<Shyam L>
posted
Thanks Pat....will give it a try.

Report This Post