Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Looking for configuration file that renames "EDASERVE"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Looking for configuration file that renames "EDASERVE"
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I am working on an environment unfamiliar to me. There are a lot of reporting servers, some are names EDASERVE, some are not. WHere is the name set? I assume it's not on the reporting server itself, but on the client server. I'm looking for the configuration file that does this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,
Isn't it in ODIN.cfg? We have the same...
EDASERVE is my local, there there are a bunch of different servers for DEV/IT/UAT/PROD
Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom, thanks for suggesting that, but I don't see the name.

In the Client Admin Console, Under Reporting Servers > Remote Services, I see three servers, one is named SERV1. When I navigate to the reporting server console for this server and view odin.cfg, I don't see the name SERV1 specified, I don't see it in any of the configuration files.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey Francis,
UGH, I do see them in mine. On the Reporting Server: Workspace --> Configuration File --> Communication - odin.cfg.
Maybe that file is generated by another setup.

Maybe Sir Chuck will chime in. Not my area of expertise...Sorry!

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The content of the v7.7.05 odin.cfg file:

;-- config file generated on 01/09/2012 14:49:09

;HTTP Listener
NODE = LST_HTTP
BEGIN
  PROTOCOL = HTTP
  PORT = 8421
  CLASS = AGENT
END

;TCP Listener
NODE = LST_TCP
BEGIN
  PROTOCOL = TCP
  PORT = 8420
  CLASS = AGENT
END

;TCP Loopback Client
NODE = LOOPBACK
BEGIN
  PROTOCOL = TCP
  CLASS = CLIENT
  HOST = 127.0.0.1
  HTTP_PORT = 8421
  PORT = 8420
END

;FOCUS Database Server
NODE = FOCSU
BEGIN
  PROTOCOL = TCP
  CLASS = SUSERVER
  PORT = 8422
END

;FOCUS Database Client
NODE = FOCSU01
BEGIN
  PROTOCOL = TCP
  CLASS = SUCLIENT
  HOST = 127.0.0.1
  PORT = 8422
END

;JSCOM3 Listener
NODE = JSS
BEGIN
  PROTOCOL = TCP
  CLASS = JAVASERVER
  PORT = 8423
  AWT_HEADLESS = Y
  JVM_MAX_HEAP = 512
  FLEX_SUPPORT = 1
  JVM_INIT_HEAP = 256
END

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
The reporting servers can be defined from different perspectives.

From the web client
From the Reporting server

With the Web Client, a report request can be directed to different reporting servers

With the Reporting Servers, a report can get data from a different reporting server (hub-sub).

All are defined in an odin.cfg file, the web clients is under the WebFOCUSxx directory structure, the reporting servers is under srvxx/wfs/etc

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Where are the client, reporting server and report caster installed, i.e., on the same machine or separate machines? Here, we’ve got the client installed on SERVER_A and report caster and reporting server on SERVER_B. If I add a server via Admin Console > Reporting Servers > Remote Services I also need to copy WebFOCUSxx/client/wfc/etc/odin.cfg from SERVER_A to the same name directory on SERVER_B so that report caster “knows” about the newly defined server. Viewing odin.cfg from the reporting server webconsole, you’re looking at srvxx/wfs/etc/odin.cfg as Waz has stated.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification - I was not aware that there are odin.cfg files on the reporting server as well as the client server. You do see the reporting servers in the Remote Services section of the Client Admin Console, but the odin.cfg file is not available to edit.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I assume the only way to look at the odin.cfg file on the client server is by logging into it.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
Reporting Server:
The Reporting Server can have many defined data services. there is a DEFAULT data service that comes configured with the installation of the product. You can create additional data services as need and you give each one a unique service (NAME).

WebFOCUS Client:
The WebFOCUS Client can connects to a remote server. It comes configured with a default remote server call EDASERVE. If you look the setting for this Remote server you will see that the CLIENT property is not set. This means that this Remote Server will connect to the default data service running on the HOST and PORT specified. If you have multiple data services running you provide the CLIENT property with the name of the data service you want to connection to. An example is where my have your ondemand reports run on EDASERVE and your Report Caster Reports, InfoAssist Reports, or another application say for another department run on a different data service. This will all you to setup different setting for each data service like the maximum number of concurrent requests, memory limits, queue size, different profiles for one application vs another application. different profiles per application is cleaner and you can put the data connections for that application in that applications profile.

Report Caster:
Also can be configure for multiple remote server that can point to a specific data service on the Reporting Server(s).

Hope this helps.

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I assume the only way to look at the odin.cfg file on the client server is by logging into it.

Where you see Remote Services, can you select a node to modify it ?, or create a new one ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
To view the file on disk, yes, you would have to log on to your server. You can't pull it up in a GUI like you can on the reporting server. You should see the buttons that Waz has referenced in Remote Services.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis

The actual file resides in ..\ibi\WebFOCUS81\client\wfc\etc\odin.cfg if you want to see it there.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
At the moment I don't have access to the folder on the client server.

I guess no one ever asked for a New Feature Request to be able to view and edit the file from the Administration console, like we can do with site.wfs.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you have access to Remote Services in the Administration Console ?

This is where you add or modify the entries.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Waz. I was hoping to see the file instead of each remote service individually.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
May be the only option if you don't have access.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984