Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] WebFocus reports are stopping mid-listing

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] WebFocus reports are stopping mid-listing
 Login/Join

posted
We have reports stop in the middle of a listing (PDF and Excel), but then the next time you run them they are fine. It seems to be sporadic, but has been happening more often. It seems to be something to do with out environment, but we aren't sure where/how to look.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Webfocus 7.65
UNIX

Posts: 20 | Location: Rochester, New York | Registered: June 03, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Are they large, or taking a long time to load ?

Could it be timing out somewhere (Browser/Web Server, etc)

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Use EXIT before PDF display(you can break at multiple places) and check if any warnings/errors. You can also check in webconsole, monitor agents for any error message.
Could be data problem, when you run next time or you executing with same filters?
Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
Are they large, or taking a long time to load ?

Could it be timing out somewhere (Browser/Web Server, etc)

They are both large and small reports. I don't see any time out errors, but I'm not sure exactly where to look. I also monitor the service agents, but it's not easy to tie them to the report/user that is being run.

Webfocus 7.65
UNIX

Posts: 20 | Location: Rochester, New York | Registered: June 03, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Prasad E:
Use EXIT before PDF display(you can break at multiple places) and check if any warnings/errors. You can also check in webconsole, monitor agents for any error message.
Could be data problem, when you run next time or you executing with same filters?
Thanks,
Ram

We can run it exactly the same two times and once it will work and the next time it will end in the middle. I have tried monitoring the agents, but have trouble tying which agent it is that belongs to that report/user.

Webfocus 7.65
UNIX

Expert
posted Hide Post
so at the top of every fex
FILEDEF MYAGENT DISK DOCUMENTATION.TXT
-RUN
-WRITE MYAGENT &FOCFEXNAME &DATE &TOD

now in your agent you'll have a little text file called documentation that you have written to.
you can issue lots more -WRITE statements
eg
-WRITE after 1st extract lines are &LINES
and you can issue a
SLEEP 60
command in your code to make the processing stop for 60 seconds (any N), so you can read the little .txt file.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I put that "write" into one of my execs and it appeared to work fine, but I don't see it where I check the data service agents. I look at "data service agents" under the "workspace" tab on the database server. I know that our environment is a little different because our data (tables) are in Unix, but our execs are in Windows.

Webfocus 7.65
UNIX

Expert
posted Hide Post
oh, you need to use Windows Explorer, have a drive mapped to the server
oh wait , you're in Unix
whats the equivalent in Unix, not Putty, the other thing, oh yeah, winscp its called.
Use winscp to Go look at your server
ibi/srv76/wfs/edatemp/ts{nnnnnn}
where each ts directory is a session, an agent.
go inside the highest numbered one, and if you only see stderr.log and stdout.log, then that agent isn't in use. Look at the next one up, until you find the one with your stuff in it.
In that directory you'll see your documentation.txt, your interim hold files and masters. That agent empties out when the report is done, but the SLEEP command will keep it from emptying for some number of seconds.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
oh wait, your server is windows???
then you should update your signature to windows instead of unix.
How your data can be in Unix i don't quite get.
but anyway....
if your server is windows, then use Windows Explorer, and have a drive mapped to your server, and do the above steps.
very handy technique, this poking about inside your agents.