Focal Point
Not able to open the table file in report painter 7.0

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7001008912

March 24, 2007, 03:04 AM
Prasanna
Not able to open the table file in report painter 7.0
All,
I am using developer studio 7.0.I had created a report using text editor.Created 2 reports, using HOLD i kept them in temp file,used RUN below each table file.Finally used the HTMLpage for displaying both the reports.It is working fine.But when i tried to open the table files in report painter editor, i got the following error ("Error Parsing MASTER FILE ((FOC774) THE WORD 'IN' MUST APPEAR IN A VALID CLAUSE (774))"and report is not opening in editor.
What actually this error says?If i develop the report in text editor cant i open in painter editor mode.If so why?
Also i want to know all the fex file will have a respective MAS file, and MAS file name only become as name of the TABLE FILE in the reports.
Let me know some inputs on this.
Regards
R.Prasanna

Dev:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Servlet
Local:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Apache 5.0.2,
Win XP

March 24, 2007, 02:27 PM
FrankDutch
Prasanna

normaly when you develop a script without the GUI it can be opened later within the GUI, but if you make a type error that can couse an error.
It is difficult to see what error this is.
Can you open non of the components?
The error can maybe found by trying to open each separate componant.
Please post the code here if possible with the whole fex.
I think you create an alpha hold file that is used in an other part with something like "where ....is in...."
The second part of your question is not very clear to me...

Frank

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

March 26, 2007, 10:22 AM
Leah
Also in addition, if you have any joins in the code, ensure the word JOIN is on a line by itself and then and END is on a line by itself for each join. We've also had issues with parameters and had to use dialog manager to SET the parameters to something in order to open in the GUI. Have been going through this issue in converting our customer MRE standard reports to BID submission via an 'standard' HTML page set up.

Leah