Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] DS HTML Composer v7702 - passing values for home-made chaining

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] DS HTML Composer v7702 - passing values for home-made chaining
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I have a main parameter screen with several parameters. The parameters are not populated on this screen, but by buttons that open a second window that contains a double list box. I used the GUI to develop these screens and embedded Javascript to pass selected values from the second window to the main window. Everything works and everything is kosher GUI wise.

I would like to now "chain" some of these parameters. Since the values are selected in a second window I'm having difficulty setting up the chaining.

Let's use a State-City example. These two parameters are on the main parameter screen. First I select some states. Then I'd like to select cities within the states I previously selected. These parameters are populated by the second windows.

In the second window, the double list box is populated by a dynamic external procedure. From the GUI interface I see no way to pass parameters to this dynamic external procedure. Using Javascript I have the list of previously selected states - I need to pass these to the dynamic external procedure that retrieves the cities.

The city double list box is populated via this call:

<data_info checkForDuplicateValues="0" sourcetype="typeFex" datatype="1" modifiedrequest="0" 
datasource="app/extract_city_filter.fex" displayfield="CITY" datafield="CITY" ibiapp_app="" 
IBIMR_domain="mrdomain/mrdomain.htm" IBIMR_folder="#citystate001">

I need to figure out how to pass the selected state values to extract_city_filter.fex OR how to apply them as a filter after all the data is returned but before it's displayed! Ajax?

I wouldn't have this problem if I wasn't constricted by the GUI, though I have managed to manipulate it quite a bit.

Any ideas welcome!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think I've solved this. The buttons that open the second window execute a fex that has an HTMLFORM. I added code in this fex to create a FOCUS DB in FOCCACHE - this DB has the filters applied here. Then the HTML page uses this FOC DB instead of the original DB.

Now I have to make sure that a DB in FOCCACHE is unique per user.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Which it is, so good news!

The only problem I now have is that when I open the HTML page in Composer I get a pop-up error (actually 20 or so pop-up errors) stating the file cannot be found, I simply have to wait for the 20 pop-ups, then click OK one each of them. (!)

Francis

posted Hide Post
We just attended a class on HTML Composer. One neat trick he said to avoid popup is to go in tools, settings and uncheck Report and Graph Preview. I have been using HTML composer for 4 to 6 months now. I had also found this very annoying when you open the html page it tries to run the report. You can also use Simulated data.. That might help too.

Webfocus 7.7.04, Windows, HTML,Excel , Active PDF, Active HTML, Flex Enable

Expert
posted Hide Post
DW_Dev, thanks - that fixed the issue with pop-up messages.

Francis