Focal Point
[SOLVED] Images do not show up after migrating to WebFOCUS 8

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7057018436

November 21, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jamie K.
[SOLVED] Images do not show up after migrating to WebFOCUS 8
After migrating to 8.004 from 7.703, the images that had been embedded in my procedures (created in 7.7) using "TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=app/image_filename.jpg" no longer show up when I run the procedures. After re-adding the image using the GUI, the new path became "IMAGE=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/.../.../image_filename.jpg" and the image shows up. A copy of this image file was then automatically added to the domain I'm working in.

I noticed two things:

1. If I delete this copied image file, the image still shows up in the report.

2. If I change the path to reference an image in another domain (different from where my FEX is), the image doesn't show up.

I'm relatively new to WebFOCUS and I can't tell if this is normal behaviour or something had gone wrong during the upgrade installation. Any help would be appreciated!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jamie K.,

WebFOCUS 8.103
Windows 2008
Excel, PDF, HTML
November 21, 2013, 03:21 PM
MattC
I am not clear on Item 1, but at far as Item 2, if you do move your image to a different domain, then either that domain isn't published or item isn't published or the group that belongs to the first domain does not have access to the second domain.

It's very granular as you know. I hope this helps.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
November 21, 2013, 06:00 PM
Jamie K.
Thanks for your reply, MattC. For Item 2, I copied the path from the image's properties and it turns out that WebFOCUS didn't like the inclusion of the environment name in the path (i.e. "IBFS:/Development/WFC/..."). Removing "Development" fixed the problem.

Item 1 is still a mystery to me and I will avoid it for now by adding images through the script editor instead of the GUI.

WebFOCUS 8.103
Windows 2008
Excel, PDF, HTML
November 22, 2013, 12:38 PM
Curt
Regarding your Item 1, is the image only in a Content folder or is it also in a Reporting Server application?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs
November 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
Jamie K.
I tested with images that are in Content folders or in the Reporting Server Application folder. Each time I add an image using the GUI, a copy of the image file would be added to the domain I'm working in. Regardless of where the image originated, the source code shows that the path points to the newly created image copy. If I delete this copy, the image still shows up in the report. So which image is the procedure actually referencing?

WebFOCUS 8.103
Windows 2008
Excel, PDF, HTML
December 04, 2013, 01:18 PM
Jamie K.
The reason why the image still shows up on the report after the image file has been deleted is rather silly - it was stored in the browser's cache.

To avoid making additional copies of the image file, I would add the image through the script editor by referencing the image from wherever it's located (i.e. from a template folder).

In WebFOCUS 7, I referenced images using "IMAGE=app/folder/folder2/.../filename" but this changed to "IMAGE=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/folder/folder2/.../filename" in WebFOCUS 8. That's the reason why my images didn't show up after migrating to WebFOCUS 8.

WebFOCUS 8.103
Windows 2008
Excel, PDF, HTML