Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Painter questions

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Painter questions
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone!

I need help with a report i am making on report painter.

the first report request:

Create a report called EXER08C that displays the average expenses for each year and a sum
of the expenses for each state.
The fields needed from the TRAINING table are:
COURSESTART (Format – YMD)
EXPENSES
STATE

The finished report should display year , yearly average and total expenses by state. finally it should display total training expenses in the heading using reference.

any have any idea how to do this in simple steps?

it is exercise 8c in report painter instructor guide.

two questions....

lastly when do you use what/whatif functions? what about compute finction?

thanks for any insight!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

webfocus 8, windows, report painter tool in developer

posted Hide Post
how can i post a image from pdf file here? i think that maybe helpful for the question i am asking?

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Krisguy,

Welcome to Focal Point!

To display an image on the forum:

1) Upload the image file to an external FTP site (e.g. www.tinypic.com - no registration needed)
2) Post the URL to the image by either: (1) clicking on the Image URL icon and insert the URL to the image, then choose alignments (left, right, etc.); or (2) wrap the URL with tags [ IMG ]URL-goes-here[ /IMG ].

Cheers!

Kathryn

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
does anybody have any ideas how to approach this?

<Emily Duensing>
posted
Krisguy,

That exercise reflects what you learned in lesson 8 - Performing Numeric Operations. Go back and review that lesson and I believe you will see all you need to know on how to get started on this exercise.

Report This Post
<Emily Duensing>
posted
Also - Computes are explained in lesson 7 of that same material and teaches when you should use a compute.

I have never heard of a what/whatif function... not saying there isn't one, but I have never heard of it or used it.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
it is resolved!