Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Issue in viewing output using &WFFMT

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Issue in viewing output using &WFFMT
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
All,
I am trying to view 3 fex files(togather), in HTML,PDF and EXCEL.
Here is my concept.
Table abc
ON ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT OPEN NOBREAK
End
Table def
ON ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT
End
Table ghi
ON ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT CLOSE
End
When i am trying to execute it i am getting
"An HTTP 500 error has been returned when attempting to communicate with the WebFOCUS web components. The application server log contains information on why this error has occurred. Contact your WebFOCUS Administrator or Information Builders Customer Support Services for further assistance"
In one of the forum it was said that we need to uncheck the Friendly HTTP errors from IE->Advanced tab.I did it but still i get the same error.
Even i used the -SET COMPOUND=OPEN before first TABLE "abc" and -SET COMPOUNT=CLOSED before "ghi" TABLE.
But when i tried with individual FEX files they were working fine.I do 35 columns of data for each fex output, and each fex will hold around 10000 records which are grouped in to 8 category.
Is it because of size of data?Do i need to modify any settings in webserver?
Let me know if you have any solutions.

Regards
R.Prasanna

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think this is too much to put into one report.

3 times 10.000 records would give you more than 500 pages in pdf and the excel file will also be to big.
An html report of that size is imo not what you want.
Reconsider the way of bringing this info to the enduser instead of trying to handle the problem you get here.

Frank

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Frank,
In the report output i will be showing 8 rows for a fex file.10000 records @ DB level.Data will be grouped and made as 8 rows in the report output.
But report will have 35 columns.

Regards
R.Prasanna

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you considered a compound report option.

I've had some issues with them using the GUI tool. Found what works is to

SET COMPOUND OPEN

fex1 - includes
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT

fex2 the same as fex1

fex3
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT &WFFMT
ON TABLE SET COMPOUND OPEN
END

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Prasanna,

If you run those Tables individual, is that works?

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Sorry for the mistake it is not 3 fex, it is 3 tables in a single fex. So for TABLES i already tested the SET COMPOUND OPEN.It gave same error.
Kamesh, yes it works fine if i execute them separately.

One of the forum member told that we need to increase the thread size @ tomcat webserver.Is that a solution?
Regards
R.Prasanna

Master
posted Hide Post
Can you run this sample code?

-SET &WFFMT='EXL2K';

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
BY CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT OPEN NOBREAK
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,GRID=OFF,FONT=ARIAL,SIZE=8,$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT CLOSE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
-EXIT

Please let me know the result,

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Kamesh,
It works fine with the all examples.I tried the way you told, for my reports.It worked fine except for PDF. While doing it for PDF i got the following error.
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 14955 LINES= 8 (FOC3218) NOTE: REPORT WILL BE PANELED; TOTAL WIDTH IS: 63.19 INCHES.
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 8459 LINES= 8 (FOC3218) NOTE: REPORT WILL BE PANELED; TOTAL WIDTH IS: 63.19 INCHES.
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 21200 LINES= 8 (FOC3218) NOTE: REPORT WILL BE PANELED; TOTAL WIDTH IS: 63.19 INCHES.

The report shouts only if i try to show all the 3 as output format.

Regards
R.Prasanna

Master
posted Hide Post
Can you update your signature?

If we know the version you are working, it will be easy to solve.

If possible, can you upload your code?

The above error you can solve by adding SQUEEZE=ON on your stylesheet.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Prasanna,

I had similar problems using COMPOUND in previous releases (5.x). I do not know what 7.x is behaving like.

Your last posting says REPORT WILL BE PANELED. When I had this message COMPUND did not work. I had to make sure that the reports fit on one page in width. You might have a problem with that because of the 35 columns!

Another problem was (sometimes) the NOBREAK option. If appropriate to the needs of your report try COMPOUND without NOBREAK. This might even help you at all with your problem.

I hope my experiences help you a bit in debugging!

Roland

Prod: WF 7.1.5
Test: WF 7.6.4
Unix Sun Solaris
HTML, PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 54 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Prasanna,

I just found another older discussion of problems with COMPOUND. Maybe this also helps you a bit. It dates back to August 2004. Maybe those things still are true....

PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN NOBREAK

Regards

Roland

Prod: WF 7.1.5
Test: WF 7.6.4
Unix Sun Solaris
HTML, PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 54 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post