Focal Point
[CLOSED] Compound Report :Overflowing Page

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7077054396

May 21, 2020, 12:13 AM
srajeevan
[CLOSED] Compound Report :Overflowing Page
Hi,

I am building a compound report with a single report in it.
The single report actually generates multiple tables based on different BY FIELD category.
I achieve that using the SUBHEAD on the BY FIELD as shown below.

Here is how the compound report looks like :
SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
*-HOLD_SOURCE
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='prop_with_names^Margins_Left=0.0^Margins_Top=0.0^Margins_Right=0.0^Margins_Bottom=0.0^thumbnailscale=4', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=LETTER, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.0, TOPMARGIN=0.0, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.0,TOPMARGIN=0.0,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,', $
OBJECT=STRING, NAME='txt1', TEXT='<font color="#ffffff" face="CALIBRI " size=26>SALES REPORT</font>', POSITION=(0.5 0.56), MARKUP=ON, WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(5.522 0.521),  METADATA='left: 0.850in; top: 5.808in; width: 3.522in; height: 0.521in; color: rgb(255, 0, 102); font-family: CALIBRI; font-size: 33pt; position: absolute; z-index: 2; -ms-word-wrap: break-word;', $
OBJECT=STRING, NAME='txt2', TEXT='<font color="#ffffff" face="CALIBRI " size=10>SOME TEXT</font>', POSITION=(5.75 1.38), MARKUP=ON, WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(5.522 0.521),  METADATA='left: 0.850in; top: 5.808in; width: 3.522in; height: 0.521in; color: rgb(255, 0, 102); font-family: CALIBRI ; font-size: 33pt; position: absolute; z-index: 2; -ms-word-wrap: break-word;', $
-------

Then i reference the below report as the report component.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
BY CAR 
ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
"COUNTRY: <COUNTRY"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/warm.sty,
ENDSTYLE
END

I am also applying NO-SPLIT to avoid breaking to the next page in between.

I have set the PAGE LAYOUT to overflow instead of fixed as the report can go multiple pages.
Problem:
When it overflows to the second page i want to display something else not the two TEXT OBJECT as shown above.
I can do that using Branching to a label,but i am finding it hard to do the check to see if the report overflowed to second page.
I can use to display page number in a text object ,but can't use that as a variable to do the page number check.

Any one encountered such an issue?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL
May 28, 2020, 11:39 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Srajeevan

Since no one was able to provide any guidance I hope you opened a case with techsupport...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats