Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain -- How do I use sys_mgr.engine with Teradata?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain -- How do I use sys_mgr.engine with Teradata?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I am attempting to set a login ID to a remote server in Maintain via the sys_mgr.engine command, for Teradata. Here's what I want to do:

REMOTE DEST = VMEDASRV
-REMOTE BEGIN
SQL SQLDBC SET DBCLOGON vmuser/username,password
-REMOTE END

I have been knocking this around for awhile now, but get this as my response to pretty much anything I try:

(FOC1261) PHYSICAL INTERFACE NOT FOUND FOR SUFFIX SQLDBC. MODULE NAME : ODBPDBC
(FOC1262) THE FOLLOWING NATIVE ERROR MESSAGE(S) CAPTURED :
(FOC1260) /home/iadmin/ibi/srv76/home/bin/libodbpdbc.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
(FOC1263) THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES FOR SUFFIX SQLDBC ARE :
(FOC1260) ODBCINI : NOT SET
(FOC1260) LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /usr/lib64/jvm/java/jre/bin/classic
(FOC1260) /usr/lib64/jvm/java/jre/bin
(FOC1260) /home/iadmin/ibi/srv76/home/bin
(FOC1260) /lib
(FOC1260) /usr/lib
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)

Does anyone have experience using sys_mgr with Teradata?

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A related question -- when I issue an EXEC in Maintain to a focus request (such as the one shown in my post above), do the resulting changes from that focexec persist through the Maintain session, or do they evaporate when the focexec completes? I had anticipated that we could use an EXEC to set the login ID & Password for the remainder of the Maintain run, but that does not seem to be the case.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
John,

Do you have 2 reporting servers? Does the remote one have a Teradata adapter installed?

That is what the error message is telling you. This has nothing to do with Maintain.

Log onto the the console for VMEDASRV and go to the Data Adapters page and see if there is a Teradata adapter defined.

If the adapter is on the server where you are running the Maintain, then you don't need the remote syntax.

Try testing this from an adhoc window and take Maintain out of the picture until you get this to work.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I do indeed have two servers, in a hub/sub setup. Teradata is installed on the sub. The code that I show runs correctly in a focexec.