Focal Point
[CLOSED] drop down not populating for some users

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7107053295

October 25, 2010, 01:52 PM
esdsouza
[CLOSED] drop down not populating for some users
Hi

We have reports on dashboard that have
drop- down values loaded from a view. These values do not load for some users but load properly for others.
I thought it was IE8 that was causing it but that is not the case. Any suggestions why the drop down is loading for some users and not for others?
Thanks for your response

We are using WebFOCUS 7.6.2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
October 25, 2010, 02:35 PM
GinnyJakes
You might want to investigate the IE8 issue further. IE8 is not supported for WebFOCUS until release 7.6.10.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
October 25, 2010, 02:52 PM
esdsouza
Thanks, Ginny. But the reason I say IE8 is not the issue is because if the user in question signs onto my machine (which has IE7) they still are not able to view the dropdown whereas I can.
October 25, 2010, 02:54 PM
dbeagan
What does the user get if they run:

TABLE FILE view
PRINT dropdown_fields
END

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
October 25, 2010, 03:08 PM
Arif
What type of dashboard is it? Do you have any DBA level security implimented?

I think its DBA security. If other user's are able to loginto dashboard using same computer, that iluminate the local software level issues. You might want to look into refreshing users profiles.

When was the last time user was able to login and explore dropdown? What has changed since?

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML