Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]javascript for auto execute

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]javascript for auto execute
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a report we can run stand alone or can be run via drill down. I have the Auto Execute set to True so when drill down passes parameters it will auto execute report results. The complaint Im getting from users is when they open the report by itself (no drill down) there is a red box in the html page around the missing parameter. This is obviously because it is set to auto execute for the drill down option. My question is there anything I can do to tell report html to autoExecute = True when drill down opens and autoExecute = False when opened as stand alone report?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Windows 7, PDF, Excel

Posts: 75 | Registered: September 03, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried to set the "Selection required" option to "No" or "Not Set" and see what is happening ?

Normally the red box it's because no option is provided by the user when this option is set to "Yes" on a control: it's an auto-validate.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
If I set to "No" or "Not Set", then it will not auto execute when I drill down into the report. As I said, this report can be run 2 ways, drilled into from another report that passes the value and auto execute, or open this report manually and enter a value then click run.

Windows 7, PDF, Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I set to "No" or "Not Set", then it will not auto execute when I drill down into the report

Above, as far as I know, it's not related with the "Selection required" option.

The "Selection required" option is only supposed, still as far as I know, perform a pre-validation to insure that a value as been selected/entered.

Look at the drill down report by adding
-? &
-EXIT

as the first two lines of the fex to see if parameters have received correctly their value from the parent drilling report.

If so, look further why the report doesn't produce any result, it may be something else.
You can add
SET XRETRIEVAL = OFF

just to validate that your code has the received parameters properly assigned.

Then without the above SET (remove it), instead of producing the report with all its styling, just process data extraction that you will HOLD, see the result and check the number of extracted rows, if there some...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What happens if you add to the fex

-DEFAULTH &VARIABLE=_FOC_NULL;

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
when we drill down to a report, we drill to the htm, not the fex. so the htm gets the value in the parameter and runs the preview frame when drilled into.

Windows 7, PDF, Excel