Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dev Studio v7703 - bugs
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dev Studio v7703 - bugs
 Login/Join

Expert
posted Hide Post
Another small annoyance:

DS Explorer: sorting by "File Name" does not work - the files are sorted by "Name".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis, I do not experience this behavior. Text gets inserted at the point where the cursor is located.
Prarie, sorry to hear about the frequent product crashes. Any specific series of steps that causes this? If you have some additional info I will try to reproduce the issue.
For the logon intermittent issues, is this while connecting to the Command Console?

Regards,
Dimitri

Posts: 66 | Location: New York | Registered: August 18, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
We have an issue reported where sorting by File Name can be off under some situations and it is in programming. Case # 72982512.

Regards,
Dimitri

Expert
posted Hide Post
Three Chained controls with Data type of Dynamic with Embedded procedure: Adding a filter breaks the chaining on the third control.

Three Chained controls with Data type of Dynamic with External procedure: chaining does not work.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Cursor at end of text in a text container:

Result of pasting at cursor:

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the example.
Yes I see the issue and will open a case for this to be fixed.
I was testing with the focexec editors where this issue does not occur.

Regards,
Dimitri

Expert
posted Hide Post
Here is one that's even more annoying, "the expanding radio button control"

Like it should be:

Like it becomes:

One way to trigger this problem is by switching from Design to HTML and back to Design - the radio button control expands. Sometimes you don't notice this until you've saved the file and then view it in the browser.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
no series of steps that I have noticed. When loging into the Server Console. Does this at least twice a day. just will not let me in. but an hour later all is good?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Prarie, I think your problem may be caused by session pollution on the server side (#73352511).

I've seen this happen while switching between different admin panels using a web-browser (webconsole, report caster admin, view builder, etc.): When you log in to one of those while still logged in on another in a different browser window, the "other" log in becomes invalid (try to change and save a setting there and you will get a login prompt, after which you still can't change settings).

I think the cause is that the session-cookies of the various applications all base themselves on the root URL of the server, instead of on their own application base. That would be a bug.

The browser-variant that I've been seeing can be circumvented by using a different (brand) browser for each connection, so that the session cookies don't get shared. There are only 5 major browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari & Opera), so you'll probably run out of browsers to use if you're the multi-tasking type :P

If I'm right, then that bug would be a little off-topic for this thread, as it's not a bug in Dev Studio so much. It does have six little legs, though.

Edit: Added the number of the case I opened about this with IBI.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wep5622,

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wep

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post