Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dev Studio v7703 - bugs
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dev Studio v7703 - bugs
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I added a "Panel" on the HTML page with a height of 400px and a width of 650px. Every once in a while, when I open the file in Composer, as the HTML page is displayed, I can see the "panel" change in size! It grows by 1px in width. I think this happens haphazardly to other elements on the page.

Very annoying for a precise person like me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Position cursor within some text. Paste. The pasted text is placed at the beginning of the text, not where the cursor is.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Crashes often.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Calendar icons disappear. Reappear after quitting and restarting.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
And this is what we have to look forward to in 7703? Does anyone know if this / these are still an issue in "8"?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
After editing/saving files for some time, you lose the editing options: no right-click options to Edit files, nothing happens when double-clicking a file.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Properties and Settings window does not display properly - scrolling within this window sometimes causes pieces of the window to duplicate, the last option on the window sometimes is not visible.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Some of these problems may be due to the Java version (1.6.0_17-b04 on the PC I'm having trouble with).

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I am not sure that HTML Composer is based on Java ... I thought the whole Dev Studio suite was written in C++ or something like that, no?

Oh well, with so much convergence in technologies nowadays one can never be too sure. Frowner

This message has been edited. Last edited by: njsden,

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh it uses Java all right!

"Developer Studio is a 32-bit application. It includes a 32-bit Reporting Server and requires 32-bit Java. If a Java and Tomcat 64-bit configuration is detected on your machine, it will be used by Developer Studio. However, if a 32-bit Java SDK is not available, it needs to be installed to allow Developer Studio and the Reporting Server to function."

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
There is a very very very annoying bug - the size of some controls changes when simply moving them around. Some controls are within a container - increasing the size of the container can make a select list suddenly 5 times as high.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you opened a case on all this? You know we are the testers.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Seemingly randomly, and not while I'm looking, the output format radio buttons control changes width.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Work all day with the Explorer, creating/editing/saving files. At some point you lose the ability to edit an existing file or create a new file - the only options when right-clicking a file are Copy, Delete, Rename, Properties. You have to close the Explorer window and open a new one to get all the other options back.

Francis

posted Hide Post
Yes I have noticed editing capability goes away in 7702 also.

Webfocus 7.7.04, Windows, HTML,Excel , Active PDF, Active HTML, Flex Enable

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have to close the Explorer window and open a new one to get all the other options back.

Silly question ... how do you do that?

When facing the same situation I had to bounce Dev Studio completely as the first time I tried closing the Explorer window I could not find an option to open a new one ... obviously I did not look properly.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Expert
posted Hide Post
You know how to close the Explorer window? With the little x at the top right corner.

To open a new Explorer window, File > Explore. This only available when no Explorer window is already open.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is one patch so far for .03..have you applied that yet?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
the first time I tried closing the Explorer window I could not find an option to open a new one

quote:
You know how to close the Explorer window? With the little x at the top right corner.

Big Grin

Expert
posted Hide Post
Having a laugh?

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
After editing/saving files for some time, you lose the editing options: no right-click options to Edit files, nothing happens when double-clicking a file.

I saw this in 7702 as well, also seen (much less frequently) in 7703.

WebFOCUS & DataMigrator 7.7.03M
Windows 2003, Windows 2008 x64

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
To open a new Explorer window, File > Explore. This only available when no Explorer window is already open.

quote:
the first time I tried closing the Explorer window I could not find an option to open a new one ... obviously I did not look properly.

Well, apparently I had indeed looked properly but the option is just not there ... or not always anyway. I accidentally closed all my windows withing Dev. Studio and now I cannot open a solutions explorer again ... not without restarting Dev.Studio, that is.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And no, there are no other windows open. My "Windows" option only shows: Tile, Cascade and Options...

Just for fun I tried some of the 'File' options presented such as "Save As..." or "Run" to see what I could get but nothing happens (and it shouldn't as I have nothing open) so that menu there is a bit off place.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
Work all day with the Explorer, creating/editing/saving files. At some point you lose the ability to edit an existing file or create a new file - the only options when right-clicking a file are Copy, Delete, Rename, Properties. You have to close the Explorer window and open a new one to get all the other options back.

This I have also seen in 7.7.03 and other, previous, versions (even before 7.7.01).

I have also seen simlar graphic problem as you have but not on all machine. I not know why this is be happening.

I have tried 7.7.03 on XP, Win7 (both 32 and 64 bit) and it seem there problem is on only some machines. Perhaps set-up or version with Java as you expect?

Kofi

Client Server 8.1.05: Apache; Tomcat;Windows Server 2012
Reporting Server 8.1.05; Oracle; MS SQL; Windows Server 2012

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Memory leak?

I noticed long ago, if I didn't have enough memory on my PC's session, the Explorer would limit my options to just Copy/Delete/Rename/Properties. I would then kill other hogs running concurrently (Acrobat Reader, Lotus Notes <--BIGPIG, etc.) and would magically get the full complement of options back, without having to close Explorer and re-opening.

I'm wondering if Dev Studio 7703 is the leak, HTML Composer or otherwise, and killing your Explorer frees the internal memory allocation.

Dan in Omaha

WebFOCUS 8.8.05M (Prod)/8.0.09(Sandbox) Windows

Posts: 56 | Location: Omaha, Ne USA | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Interesting ... I'll have a look at my running processes next time this happens (which I'm afraid won't be to long before I see it) to see if memory or cpu are suffering and may be causing the behaviour.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Francis

I have this issue with Dev Studio 7.6.8 on Windows XP SP3 as well. It's quite annoying! I don't think it's uniquely an HTML Composer error, because I rarely use it - because I don't like composted HTML.

Rob

Ferris State University

WebFocus 8201m on Windows; App Studio 8201; Procedures: WebFocus with SQL; HTML Parameter Pages & Dashboard; Output: Excel, HTML, & PDF.

Posts: 88 | Location: MI | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, reviewed issues discussed in this thread in Dev Studio 7703 and following are my notes:
1. Issue pasting text.
--> Text pasted in editor occurred in position where cursor was placed. No issues noticed.
2. After editing/saving files for some time, you lose the editing options: no right-click options to Edit files, nothing happens when double-clicking a file.
--> As a few other developers mentioned, I have seen this in earlier versions as well and seems to occur when PC is running out of resources. In this case I also noticed missing context menu options in Windows Explorer.
Closing extra applications and restarting Dev Studio corrects the issue.
I will follow up on this and see if there is a leak in Dev Studio that need to look into.
3. Java mentioned in this thread, 1.6.0xx is supported by Dev Studio.
--> Dev Studio is Written in C++ and does make use of programs written in java. The java requirement on the developers machine is for some tools used in the product such Graph Assistant as it has a java editor and when calling ReportCaster.
Java is also used by the Reporting Server that is installed with Dev Studio if you are using the product for standalone development and running java requests on the server, such as formats FLEX and APDF.
Need for Java SDK is required by the install program.
4. Frequent crashes.
--> Need more info on this to debug.
5. How to open Explorer window
--> From the main toolbar click on the icon to the right of the Run button: "New Explorer" to open a new explorer window.

Regards,
Dimitri

Posts: 66 | Location: New York | Registered: August 18, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Several times a day...it just goes away.

Dev Studio just leaves. I don't know where it goes...
or I can't log into the console - says wrong username and password. But if I try again later...it's all good and my wrong username and password works.

Can you duplicate that with the Car file and send me a trace?

Eeker

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Expert
posted Hide Post
Add a text component using the GUI. Type something in this text component. Then, with the cursor at the end of what you just typed, paste some text you copied from elsewhere - it gets prepended (not appended) to the existing text.

Small annoyance, but this compounded with dozens of other oddities makes this GUI developer a little annoyed.

Francis