Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Parameter Controls with BI Portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Parameter Controls with BI Portal
 Login/Join

posted
Still working out the kinks transitioning to 8.0...

In the previous application iteration we would develop dashboard pages with the HTML Composer tool, which would allow us to create parameter controls that would link to multiple procedures, i.e. one drop-down box control could pass a parameter to multiple charts/reports on a single dashboard page.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this using the new BI Portal frames? Are we stuck creating HTML pages and including these as one large frame in a Portal page?

Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 4 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: June 17, 2012Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I think you'll find what you need in the Virtual User Forum that is scheduled for Dec 10.
Virtual User forums

Magically Filter Reports in the New BI Portal
Presented by Matthew Lerner, Information Builders

I think Matthew also did this presentation at Summit 2013, so alternatively you may be able to download the presentation/lab from back then.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The steps needed are outlined in Chapter 10. Filtering Reports Using An HTML Composer Form of the Business Intelligence Portal manual.

Cheers

Stuart

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StuBouyer:
The steps needed are outlined in Chapter 10. Filtering Reports Using An HTML Composer Form of the Business Intelligence Portal manual.

Cheers

Stuart

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you very much for your help Stuart.

WebFOCUS 8.0
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Did you get this to work. I am trying to use this technique. It is refreshing the forms, but doesn't seem to be passing the parameters to the procedures. My parameters have the same name. Do we need to do something else with the fex?

WF 8.1.04

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLR:
Did you get this to work. I am trying to use this technique. It is refreshing the forms, but doesn't seem to be passing the parameters to the procedures. My parameters have the same name. Do we need to do something else with the fex?

I was able to get this approach to work after some iteration...

What ultimately worked: I included one of the actual report procedures into the HTML Composer page in order to force the parameter control to populate. I then removed the report from the HTM file, and added in the javascript to refresh the reports. Finally, I added the HTM file and all corresponding report procedures into the Portal page and hit paydirt.

The key seemed to be using one of the report procedures to "build" the parameter control, rather than attempting to build the control from scratch.

WebFOCUS 8.0
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Thanks! I will try that!

WF 8.1.04

posted Hide Post
Ok, I created an HTML page with the composer. Added a report. Changed the text boxes to listboxes so I could dynamically populate. removed the report. Added the javascript for refresh. Added it to the portal, plus a couple of panels with reports. My 'run' button still wants to run the orignal report. What am I missing?

Thanks!!

WF 8.1.04

Guru
posted Hide Post
Remove the hyperlink from your run button...

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When I remove the hyperlink from the run button, it removes the parameters(not the list boxes). When I add them back it doesn't work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DLR,

WF 8.1.04

posted Hide Post
I got it to work! Of course it was something simple. When my parameters were removed I had to create them and bind them to the listbox again. Well I was binding them in the wrong direction. Instead of dragging listbox to parameter I was dragging parameter to listbox.

Thank you so much for your help!!

WF 8.1.04