Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] fields coming as *** in report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] fields coming as *** in report
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi ,
I have CM, CYC_CD, CYC_MNTH,CYC_YR coming in the report as ***
the code is written as below -*================= Definitions of report fields ============================
-SET &&MARKET=FGETENV(10,'TLG_MARKET',3,'A3');
DEFINE FILE BLADSOC
CM/A1=',';
CYC_CD/I2=CYCLE_CODE;
CYC_MNTH/I2=CYCLE_RUN_MONTH;
CYC_YR/I4=CYCLE_RUN_YEAR;
SUB_MKT_CD/A3=SUB_MARKET_CODE;
OVR_REC_IND/A1=OVER_REC_IND;
SOC_CD/A9=SOC;
PRD_SET_CD/A4=PRD_SET_CODE;
MIN/P12.2=MINUTES;
REV/P12.2=REVENUE;
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE BLADSOC
PRINT
CYC_CD CM
CYC_MNTH CM
CYC_YR CM
OVR_REC_IND CM
SOC_CD CM
PRD_SET_CD CM
SUB_MKT_CD CM
MIN CM
REV CM
ON TABLE SAVE AS TMSFILE
END
-RUN

Can anyone help with this?/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS, Linux
Excel, CSV

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Lack of space to display the entire field's value. Field definition is not long enough.

Asterisk is the default value : Overflowchar

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
hi,

thanks for ur quick reply. but i tried increasing the size with changing
CYC_CD/I2=CYCLE_CODE;
CYC_MNTH/I2=CYCLE_RUN_MONTH;
CYC_YR/I4=CYCLE_RUN_YEAR;

to

CYC_CD/I4=CYCLE_CODE;
CYC_MNTH/I4=CYCLE_RUN_MONTH;
CYC_YR/I6=CYCLE_RUN_YEAR;

but now its printing these values which is not the expected result.

NXT - Additional SOC Activity
256,1280, -7929,N,24BNSTEST, ,BAR, .00, .00,
256,1280, -7929,N,24BNSTEST, ,CVY, .00, .00,
256,1280, -7929,N,24BNSTEST, ,KN , .00, .00,
256,1280, -7929,N,302USUM , ,CHI, .00, .00,

Can u please suggest something

Thanks

WebFOCUS, Linux
Excel, CSV

Gold member
posted Hide Post
i tried changing mass file also but did not work

SEGNAME=FIRST
FIELDNAME=CYCLE_CODE ,ALIAS= ,FORMAT=I2 ,ACTUAL=I4 ,$
FIELDNAME=CYCLE_RUN_MONTH ,ALIAS= ,FORMAT=I2 ,ACTUAL=I4 ,$
FIELDNAME=CYCLE_RUN_YEAR ,ALIAS= ,FORMAT=I2 ,ACTUAL=I6 ,$

WebFOCUS, Linux
Excel, CSV

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
First try to perform a sample data from the master file itself and look at the result.

Second, do a TABLE FILE from the master file with printing the fields themselves, not the DEFINEd
TABLE FILE BLADSOC
PRINT
 CYCLE_CODE
 CYCLE_RUN_MONTH
 CYCLE_RUN_YEAR
 SUB_MARKET_CODE
 OVER_REC_IND
 SOC
 PRD_SET_CODE
 MINUTES
 REVENUE
END
-RUN

Third, why would you want to create DEFINEd fields where the only thing you do is assigning the read data to the DEFINEd field ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I tried printing the fields from TABLE FILE
and its printing

which is wrong value

WebFOCUS, Linux
Excel, CSV

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
First try to perform a sample data from the master file itself and look at the result.

What is the result of the above ? You must start from there. Then create your master file using the tool. The connector may fix the issue by itself when it will recreates the file.

When you post data sample or code sample, use the code tag to enclose it.
Far right icon from discussion ribbon
</>

In Focus since 2007

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried printing the fields from TABLE FILE
and its printing

which is wrong value

OK, so not necessarily trying to be cute, but what would be the "right" value? And how do you get those values (other tool?) => look at settings.

If you get that from the database, that is what is in the database, so no reporting magic will turn crap into gold.

If 256,1280, -7929, are your code/month/year; month 1280 and year -7929 there is something really interesting going on, my guess the data is packed? You need to look into the database/adapter first, and the box => look at settings.

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat

Posts: 115 | Location: Brighton UK | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Genius

Did the suggestions from Martin and Hank help?

Let us know if you have figured out your issue or if you need further assistance.

"****" will also indicate that the data is too large to fit into the format of the field, this can be the format of a field set up in a report or the format in the Synonym.

Since this question is similar to your other - file seq no field which is taken from file is printing as *** in reports I am marking this [SOLVED]

We kindly ask that you update the topic with your solution/further questions as well as add a tag to your subject line.

Here is a list of keywords to use: FOCUS Guidelines

[SOLVED]
[CODE]
[WORKAROUND]
[CLOSED]
[SHARING]
[CASE-OPENED]

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum!
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post