Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Getting YEAR part from &DATEYYMD in Dialogue manager

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Getting YEAR part from &DATEYYMD in Dialogue manager
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
All,
I am trying to fetch the YEAR part alone from the Current date, using Dialogue manager.But i am not able to get it.I got WF_1001_dates_sample.pdf from the forum, in that it was given fetching year with Quarter and month.Using DATECVT i tried, but it accepts only MMDY kind of format.We cannot the set the data type for a variable in the dialogue manager.Can any one suggest how to fetch YEAR part alone using dialogue manager.

Regards
R.Prasanna

Expert
posted Hide Post
-SET &AYEAR = EDIT(&DATEYYMD,'9999$');

-TYPE &DATEYYMD
-TYPE &AYEAR

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Prasanna, Francis,

Just use &DATEYY

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

Thanks!

When I queried the amper variables with -? &, &DATEYY didn't show up, for that matter, neither did &DATEYYMD.

And, of course, I cannot find &DATEYY in the 5.3 documentation.

Cheers.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ah.. WebFocus Key Sheet ... best twenty five bucks you'll ever spend! well, ok maybe not, but its worth its weight in gold. you'll find all sorts of &date vars you never thought of.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

You can use after &DATE all the formats:
&DATEMYY
&DATEDMtrYY
&DATEQYY
and so on.
BTW, this was documented when the &DATE came out in 1999 in advance of the "bug 2000".

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Worthful info Danny...

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Danny,

Do you know where they're documented? As far as I can tell, they're only in the third-party WebFOCUS Key Sheet book.

These are mentioned in the 5.3 manual: &DATE, &DATEDMY, &DATEDMYY, &DATEMDY, &DATEMDYY, &DATEYMD, &DATEYYMD, &DMY, &DMYY, &MDY, &MDYY, &TOD, &YMD, &YYMD, but only in a section on using reserved amper variables in a DEFINE in a Master.

I've been using &DATEDMtrYY for a while, though it's not documented.

It would be nice to have the complete list in the documentation.

Cheers.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,
As I said, you can add after &DATE any FOCUS date format you want and FOCUS will return the date in that format.
I can't tell you offhand where is the documentation, but back in 1999, when the year 2000 was looming ahead, it was well known. Also, if you look in the MF Focus manual for developping applications, you will find:
&DATEfmt: Any date format. Returns the current date, where fmt can be
any combination of YYMD, MDYY, etc.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

<lfrerker>
posted
Available Date Display formats are listed in the Describing Data manual for WF 5.x in chapter 4 pages 27-29, in the WF 7.x Describing Data manual chapter 5 page 43, however the WF 7.x manual does not mention the 'r, R' option.

Report This Post