Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Converting PDF to JPEG

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Converting PDF to JPEG
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,
I need the reports generated (in PDF format) to be converted to JPEG format and held in word document template so that the user can manually open the word document edit it and get it printed. I was able to embed the images (chart, graph etc) in to the word document using VB Script but I was not able to hold the PDF in JPEG Format. Is there any possibility to convert or hold PDF files as JPEG format (other than graphs) in WEBFOCUS .Any suggestions in this issue is highly appreciated. I’m using WebFocus Developer Studio Version 7.1.7.

Thanks
Prasanna

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not within the WF environment or using WF tools. PDF is one format, JPEG is another so a PDF cannot be held as JPEG. However, we do something similar for imaging documents, but it all happens outside of WF. WF generates the PDF and saves (or FTP's) to a directory location which is monitored by a conversion tool. Anytime it finds a PDf in its directory it converts it from PDF to TIFF format (I believe this is a freeware tool, but i don't know anything more about where it came from) and sends it to the process which creates a document for our imaging system from the TIFF file.

Unfortunately, the document is no longer available to the WF tools so it can't be processed or distributed any further within WF.

Maybe your answer is just to create an HTML layout page so all of the objects are available to the user and can be copied/pasted into their own word docs which they can edit to their own content.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
$60
http://www.pdftoall.com/pdf-to-jpg.htm

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You could also check OmniFormat, which is a free conversion tool that accepts multiple input and output formats (among which pdf and jpg). From the look of it, this product is quite capable of doing what you want it to do.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you wanted to do it in code, try ImageMagick .
It's basically a command-line image manipulation tool.
We use it to convert photos on the fly in a windows environment, but it works across several platforms. As long as your PDFs are not encrypted or otherwise protected, you can convert them with a simple one-line command that can be executed from within a fex.

7.6.11, Windows
HTML, PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 5 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: April 22, 2005Report This Post