Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Not able to fetch System date - ERROR: (FOC1175) NO REFERENCE TO FIELD DATA

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Not able to fetch System date - ERROR: (FOC1175) NO REFERENCE TO FIELD DATA
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
All,
I am trying to get current date from system.I used TODAY and modify them to get current date.Also i used couple of other options that i got from forum.
DT_TODAY/YYMD = '&YYMD';
TODAY/YYMD='&DATEYYMD';
I used DEFINE for all the above. But when i am trying to pull them in to the report i am getting the following error.
"(FOC1175) NO REFERENCE TO FIELD DATA
NO HTML OUTPUT"
I tried COMPUTE also. But same error came. Any idea what is the issue?I am using Dev Studio 7.1.6.Do i need to activate any system options to enable these operations?

Regards
R.Prasanna

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try adding a WITH to your define:

DT_TODAY/YYMD WITH fieldFromDb = '&YYMD';
TODAY/YYMD WITH fieldFromDb ='&DATEYYMD';

The FOC1175 is produced when running a query that has only DEFINEd fields, and the DEFINE fields are all constants:

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Alan,
It didnt work.
I gave the same way as you told, i gave a field name from the DB which has some date value.Still it didnt work.
I am using this system date as a filter in the report.I also noticed if i pull this DEFINEd column with some filter condition then it works.But for me this DEFINEd column should act as a filter.
Any other inputs will be greatful.
Regards
R.Prasanna

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Alan,
Sorry, it worked other way.
In the manipulating this current date, i did changes in my program, then it started working.
Now i am able to get the current date.

Regards
R.Prasanna

Expert
posted Hide Post
You do not need to DEFINE a field containing the current date to use it as a filter, just use the Dialogue Manager variable in the filter:

WHERE COLUMN_NAME EQ '&YYMD';

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post