Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] InfoAssist multi-language in a multi-tenant environment?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] InfoAssist multi-language in a multi-tenant environment?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello everyone!

We are using InfoAssit in a multi-tenant environment, and I was wondering if it's possible to "set" the language in InfoAssit based on the tenant. For instance, most of our tenants are English speaking, and we're trying to accommodate non-English speaking tenants. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Luiz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Posts: 117 | Location: Denver | Registered: July 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Luiz,

In the client settings you can turn on the dynamic language switch and select which languages you would like to use. The way that I understand this works is that when the user logs in, WF will read the users header and switch to the language listed in the header. on the top right of the landing page is usually an option to change the language. The user can then select what the user wants to use going forward. I don't believe there is a specific way to select one based on tenant per se, but I might be wrong. I believe at this point WF puts a cookie on the users machine and then continues to use the last selected language the next time the user logs in.

On the Metadata side, you can have different titles and descriptions for your fields that will show up in IA, but you need to set that up for all of your metadata.

When it comes to text in Web pages, there is no out of the box way to do that. I have created a translation procedure with a table that holds my translations for those scenarios. I believe there is a write up on it in tips and tricks if you need to do things like that as well.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Eric,

Thank you very much for your clarification. I was aware of the dynamic language switch, but wasn't sure how that would work with InfoAssit. Appreciate it.

Luiz

Posts: 117 | Location: Denver | Registered: July 27, 2005Report This Post