Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Error connecting to WebFOCUS Reporting Server EDASERVE: EDA SQL STATUS (-9)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Error connecting to WebFOCUS Reporting Server EDASERVE: EDA SQL STATUS (-9)
 Login/Join

posted
Starting this week I am getting the following error when my scheduled reports run on schedule:
Error connecting to the WebFOCUS Reporting Server EDASERVE: EDA SQL STATUS (-9)

The odd thing about this is that when I go into the ReportCaster Scheduler, right click on a schedule and then click run; the report runs correctly. But if I let the scheduler start the job as specified I get the error.

These jobs worked until resently, but to my knowledge nothing has changed except that I got a new PC and reinstalled WebFocus Studio on it, the server was not touched.

Any help in identifying and fixing the problem will be welcome.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darrell,

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows XP
Windows server 2003 sp2

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
-9 Unable to connect to server.

Generally this means that there is something wrong with your odin.cfg file.

Are you running a stand-alone system, all on your PC or do you have a back-end system? Can you explain your cofiguration a bit further, i.e. where is your reporting server, wf client, and distribution server in relation to your desktop.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have WebFocus Studio installed on my Windows PC and I am accessing a remote Windows WebFocus server. The WebFocus server, ReportCaster server, and the Tomcat Web service are all on the same remote server.

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows XP
Windows server 2003 sp2

Expert
posted Hide Post
Is this resolved? Can you 'ping' the reporting server port from your PC?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We had cloned a copy of development on another server to test the upgrade software without bringing down our development or production servers. It turns out that the ReportCaster scheduler on the clone and development were both affecting the same scheduled report area. When we turned off the server the clone was on the probems with the scheduled jobs stopped.

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows XP
Windows server 2003 sp2

posted Hide Post
I had the same issue. In order to get the cloned server working, I used Windows firewall to block all traffic out of the cloned server and then worked on the configuration until I didn't have any more issues with it trying to access my production server.

Release 7.6.6, Windows Server, HTML and Excel