Focal Point
[CLOSED] Making the bar width uniform and changing the gap between bars.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7157017196

September 24, 2019, 12:33 PM
SungYu
[CLOSED] Making the bar width uniform and changing the gap between bars.
Hello.

I have some bullet charts that I need to make a few more changes on.

First, I wanted to make the width of the bars on every bullet charts uniform. I found out that I can do so using "groupFit" and setting the "rule":"exactSize".

However, when I put this line of code in, the gap between the bars went away and they all clumped up right next to each other. Then I found out about "barGroupGapWidth".

Once I put in the "barGroupGapWidth" setting in, I could control the gap between the bars, but the width of the bars were getting reduced instead of them just moving away from each other.

Is there a way for me to change the width of the bars and change the gaps without affecting one another?

Here is the code below the *GRAPH_JS line:
*GRAPH_JS
"border": {"width":0},
"xaxis": {
"title": {"groupFit": {"rule": "exactSize", "value": 20},
"font": "9pt SANS-SERIF"
}
},
"blaProperties":{
"barGroupGapWidth": 0.5,
"orientation": "horizontal",
"lineConnectoin": "curved",
"comboCharts": {"barSeriesLayout": "stacked",
"lineSeriesLayout": "absolute",
"areaSerieslayout": "undefined"}},

"series": [
{"series": 1, "color": "rgb(110,110,110)", "riserShape": "line", "tooltip": "{{series_label}}
{{value|formatNumber('$#,###')}}", "border":
{"width": 0}, "marker": {"shape": "rectangleThin", "size": 20, "position": "top", "rotation": 90, "visible": true}},
{"series": 0, "color": "rgb(118,197,228)", "riserShape": "bar", "tooltip": "{{series_label}}
{{value|formatNumber('$#,###')}}"}],
"dataLabels": {"visible": false, "numberFormat": {"mode": "currency", "decimalPlaces": 1, "grouping": "B"}, "useNegativeColor": false, "font": "9pt Sans-Serif"}

*END
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

8.2.05, Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, HTML/PDF/Excel/PowerPoint
September 29, 2019, 01:55 PM
Doug
I, personally, like the Bullet Charts when used properly, as I'm such you're doing. So, please let me see what's going on here.

Would you please duplicate your issue using one of IB's sample sources, CAR or GGSALES. Paste your code within the </> brackets?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206