Focal Point
[SOLVED] APP PATH on localhost

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7157047495

December 03, 2010, 04:29 PM
George Patton
[SOLVED] APP PATH on localhost
Hello,
I am an old Focus guy, but new to WebFocus and Developer Studio.

I'm trying to build a menu system for my existing reports, so I copied .FOC, .MAS .acx and a couple of existing reports from the server to an application folder on localhost. When I try and run a simple FEX in that folder I get the old (FOC205) THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED: NEWORDER message ...

APP PATH just lists the applications on the server and APP APPENDPATH does nothing. I fear I'm asking a stupid question here, but I have done some hunting and come up with no answer, so I'm hoping one of you gurus will have pity ...

George

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
December 04, 2010, 07:17 AM
Håkan
George

have you tried putting the directory in the APP PATH in edasprof?

Håkan

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)
December 04, 2010, 11:09 AM
George Patton
Thanks Håkan!
I knew it was a dumb question, but the APP LIST showed directory so I was somewhat baffled.
All sorted out now.
George.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
December 04, 2010, 02:55 PM
Francis Mariani
The APP LIST command lists the Applications (folders) in application root (approot, generally c:\ibi\apps).

The APP SHOWPATH command lists all the currently active applications in the search path (those that are set by the APP PATH command in edasprof.prf.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 06, 2010, 01:54 AM
Tony A
Also try

? PATH

This will give you the directories as well -

BASEAPP = C:\ibi\apps\baseapp;
APPPATH = C:\ibi\srv77\wfs\edatemp\foccache\ip000003010;
C:\ibi\apps\ibisamp;
C:\ibi\apps\baseapp;
C:\ibi\apps\focalpoint;
C:\ibi\apps\reportcaster;
C:\ibi\apps\webservices;