Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] filter in dropdown list

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] filter in dropdown list
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
we create the report and have the WHERE parameters, If I use HTML composer to reference the procedure and config the parameter as dropdown list.
now, I have several users to use the procedure and HTML, users have diffrent values from dropdown list.
My question is : how can i create the procedure and config the system to do it?

for example:

TABLE FILE CAR
BY 'CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY'
BY 'CAR.COMP.CAR'
WHERE ( CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY.(FIND COUNTRY,CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY IN car).COUNTRY.' ) AND ( CAR.COMP.CAR EQ '&CAR.(FIND CAR,CAR.COMP.CAR IN car).CAR.' );
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END

If user1 only have the permission to access the data of ENGLAND and user2 only have the permission to access the date JAPAN,how can i create the HTML and config the system to do it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Landerman

WebFOCUS 7.7.01
Windows 2003 server
all output

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That would require a totally secure system. So, the user has to log on to the system, then either with explicit or implicit (sso option) logon he/she registers witht he webserver, which in turn will notify webfocus clitne and server of who is logged on. The server will then take the users id-ticket and use that to read from the database, which also has to be secure to be able to distinguish between the users.
If this is all in place, then there is nothing to worry about any more, since the system will take of things based on the user's id.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, Gamp
It sounds like very complex,so can you give me some more suggestion or some reference website?

Landerman

WebFOCUS 7.7.01
Windows 2003 server
all output

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS security and administration manual would do just fine, I think. You can find it on IB's web site.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post