Focal Point
[CLOSED] How many reports were ran for 3/31/18 performance returns?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7177019986

April 12, 2018, 01:00 PM
LoiH
[CLOSED] How many reports were ran for 3/31/18 performance returns?
Can I run an InfoAssist report to see how many reports are ran for a specific monthly performance returns (i.e. as of 3/31/18)? I am using InfoAssist version 8.0
Please let me know if there are any other details you may need. Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs
April 12, 2018, 01:25 PM
BabakNYC
Does your site own Resource Analyzer or Performance Usage Monitoring features?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
April 12, 2018, 01:46 PM
LoiH
quote:
Originally posted by LoiH:
Can I run an InfoAssist report to see how many reports are ran for a specific monthly performance returns (i.e. as of 3/31/18)? I am using InfoAssist version 8.0

I am new to InfoAssist tool and never hear of Resource Analyzer or Performance Usage Monitoring features. Although we have accessed to table that can view report usage but I do not see a feature to view how many reports ran for a specific month returns.

USAGE AND ENTITLEMENTS
FRPOBJ (List of Security Objects and Entitlements)
FRPPUSE (User Logon Statistics)
FRPRUSE (Report Usage Statistics – Classic Reports Only)
REPORT INFORMATION
FRPRPGRP (Reports in Report Groups)
FRPRPTS (Reports and Available Options)

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs
April 12, 2018, 01:49 PM
LoiH
quote:
quote:

I am new to InfoAssist tool and never heard of Resource Analyzer or Performance Usage Monitoring features. Although we have accessed to table that can view report usage but I do not see a feature to view how many reports ran for a specific month returns.

USAGE AND ENTITLEMENTS
FRPOBJ (List of Security Objects and Entitlements)
FRPPUSE (User Logon Statistics)
FRPRUSE (Report Usage Statistics – Classic Reports Only)
REPORT INFORMATION
FRPRPGRP (Reports in Report Groups)
FRPRPTS (Reports and Available Options)

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs
April 12, 2018, 03:09 PM
Aswin Ravikumar
Hi LoiH,

I believe you need to setup resource analyzer in the server. Resource analyzer basically records all the activity performed by the client and store them in the repository of your choice. Once we setup resource analyzer, you can directly query the tables provided by analyzer or use rmldb masterfile to report on it in infoassist.

I would contact your webfocus admin to know whether you have resource management license to enable resource analyzer.
Thanks,
Aswin Ravikumar

Webfocus 8.1
Windows x64
Excel
April 12, 2018, 09:46 PM
LoiH
Thanks Aswin. So do you know if Resource Analyzer will allow me to run a report in InfoAssist to see how many people or how many reports were ran for 3/31/18 performance returns? Also what WebFocus version do I need to be able to run Resource Analyzer? I am currently on version 8.0

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs
April 13, 2018, 07:44 AM
BabakNYC
Resource Analyzer captures usage in a repository. It comes out of the box with a whole bunch of reports but I think you can also write your own reports if you point to the metadata. For Portal user activity you may want to also look at Enterprise Usage Monitor feature as well. That'll show you what's happening from the WebFOCUS Client side. Take a look here for details: https://www.informationbuilder...prise_usage_mgmt.pdf

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
April 16, 2018, 08:28 AM
Aswin Ravikumar
quote:
Thanks Aswin. So do you know if Resource Analyzer will allow me to run a report in InfoAssist to see how many people or how many reports were ran for 3/31/18 performance returns? Also what WebFocus version do I need to be able to run Resource Analyzer? I am currently on version 8.0

Yes. You should be able to run reports in infoassist to see how many people ran using rmldb masterfile, which comes when you activate resource analyzer. It is available for 8.0 version. It also has its own reports like BabakNYC mentioned.

Thanks,
Aswin Ravikumar

Webfocus 8.1
Windows x64
Excel