Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How many reports were ran for 3/31/18 performance returns?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How many reports were ran for 3/31/18 performance returns?
 Login/Join

posted
Can I run an InfoAssist report to see how many reports are ran for a specific monthly performance returns (i.e. as of 3/31/18)? I am using InfoAssist version 8.0
Please let me know if there are any other details you may need. Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does your site own Resource Analyzer or Performance Usage Monitoring features?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoiH:
Can I run an InfoAssist report to see how many reports are ran for a specific monthly performance returns (i.e. as of 3/31/18)? I am using InfoAssist version 8.0

I am new to InfoAssist tool and never hear of Resource Analyzer or Performance Usage Monitoring features. Although we have accessed to table that can view report usage but I do not see a feature to view how many reports ran for a specific month returns.

USAGE AND ENTITLEMENTS
FRPOBJ (List of Security Objects and Entitlements)
FRPPUSE (User Logon Statistics)
FRPRUSE (Report Usage Statistics – Classic Reports Only)
REPORT INFORMATION
FRPRPGRP (Reports in Report Groups)
FRPRPTS (Reports and Available Options)

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am new to InfoAssist tool and never heard of Resource Analyzer or Performance Usage Monitoring features. Although we have accessed to table that can view report usage but I do not see a feature to view how many reports ran for a specific month returns.

USAGE AND ENTITLEMENTS
FRPOBJ (List of Security Objects and Entitlements)
FRPPUSE (User Logon Statistics)
FRPRUSE (Report Usage Statistics – Classic Reports Only)
REPORT INFORMATION
FRPRPGRP (Reports in Report Groups)
FRPRPTS (Reports and Available Options)

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi LoiH,

I believe you need to setup resource analyzer in the server. Resource analyzer basically records all the activity performed by the client and store them in the repository of your choice. Once we setup resource analyzer, you can directly query the tables provided by analyzer or use rmldb masterfile to report on it in infoassist.

I would contact your webfocus admin to know whether you have resource management license to enable resource analyzer.
Thanks,
Aswin Ravikumar

Webfocus 8.1
Windows x64
Excel

Posts: 39 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: July 25, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Aswin. So do you know if Resource Analyzer will allow me to run a report in InfoAssist to see how many people or how many reports were ran for 3/31/18 performance returns? Also what WebFocus version do I need to be able to run Resource Analyzer? I am currently on version 8.0

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Resource Analyzer captures usage in a repository. It comes out of the box with a whole bunch of reports but I think you can also write your own reports if you point to the metadata. For Portal user activity you may want to also look at Enterprise Usage Monitor feature as well. That'll show you what's happening from the WebFOCUS Client side. Take a look here for details: https://www.informationbuilder...prise_usage_mgmt.pdf

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Aswin. So do you know if Resource Analyzer will allow me to run a report in InfoAssist to see how many people or how many reports were ran for 3/31/18 performance returns? Also what WebFocus version do I need to be able to run Resource Analyzer? I am currently on version 8.0

Yes. You should be able to run reports in infoassist to see how many people ran using rmldb masterfile, which comes when you activate resource analyzer. It is available for 8.0 version. It also has its own reports like BabakNYC mentioned.

Thanks,
Aswin Ravikumar

Webfocus 8.1
Windows x64
Excel

Posts: 39 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: July 25, 2017Report This Post