Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Empty report feature not working.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Empty report feature not working.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello All,

I have a situation in which the empty report feature is not working for one environment and working for the other.
I have two different oracle data adapters for different environments.
I have created a master file from a stored procedure and point it to different environments depending on the need.
I have created a small sample report in which have turned the empty report feature to on.
The report is printing a few basic fields and the input parameters required for the stored procedure are given as filters.

When I point the mfd to environment 1, and run the report, the empty report is not turned on.
When I point the mfd to environment 2, and run the same fex, the report is run with the empty report feature turned on.

I have asked my admins to check the connections and they are fine.
The stored procedures run fine when run separately in different environments.

Any suggestions will be useful.

Thanks,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02Windows
Output Formats: Excel, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
this might help

http://forums.informationbuild...9373#317109373

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT is completely WebFOCUS feature. Nothing to do with database.
Could you please post your code and also the log/error message you receive.

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The following is the code:

SET EMPTYREPORT = ON
TABLE FILE FP_DEBT_FAIR_VALUE_RPTD
PRINT
FP_DEBT_FAIR_VALUE_RPTD.ANSWERSET1.GTM_REFERENCE
FP_DEBT_FAIR_VALUE_RPTD.ANSWERSET1.INSTANCE
WHERE ( FP_DEBT_FAIR_VALUE_RPTD.INPUT.I_INSTANCE EQ 'fsuitet2' ) AND ( FP_DEBT_FAIR_VALUE_RPTD.INPUT.I_PORTFOLIO_ID EQ '&PORTFOLIO_ID' )
AND ( FP_DEBT_FAIR_VALUE_RPTD.INPUT.I_TAG EQ '&RESULT' ) AND ( FP_DEBT_FAIR_VALUE_RPTD.INPUT.I_FROM_DATE EQ DT(&FROMDT_YYMD.PLEASE ENTER THE FROM DATE.) )
AND ( FP_DEBT_FAIR_VALUE_RPTD.INPUT.I_TO_DATE EQ DT(&TODT_YYMD.PLEASE ENTER THE TO DATE.) );
END

When I change the acx file to point to a diferent adapter, the same code displayes the report with empty report.
This is failing only when I point to a particular data aadapter.
I have also tried emptyreport = ANSI, with no luck.

Thanks,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking that there's another problem here. Please do a "View Source" of the html page that is not working as expected and check it for FOC Errors.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I change the acx file to point to a diferent adapter, the same code displayes the report with empty report.
This is failing only when I point to a particular data aadapter

I'm with Doug, I think you have a problem that deals with that "particular data adapter". Possibly the file is not available under that adapter or the format is not the same. You will want to add -SET &ECHO = ALL; to the top of your fex so you can view source.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for the responses. Will check the source and try to figure out the reason.

Thanks,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02Windows