Focal Point
[CLOSED] Generating No Data for a Coordinated Compound PDF Report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7207026496

October 15, 2020, 11:15 AM
AMC2
[CLOSED] Generating No Data for a Coordinated Compound PDF Report
I am trying to generate a No Data message for a coordinated compound pdf report that bursts on the high-level sort field and is run in ReportCaster.

I have a section in the pdf reports that it branches to handle for No Data, but it does not work with the coordinated compound pdf reports. I have tried to get it to work for 1 bursted value for the coordinated compound pdf report and it does not work. I get the "no report to distribute" error message in the ReportCaster log. I guess there is an issue with no data error handling like this working in conjuction with coordinated compound reports.

I wonder if setting EMPTYREPORT some way will work with coordinated compound pdf reports. Has anyone done anything with setting No Data for coordinated compound reports or have any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc
October 21, 2020, 02:53 PM
MartinY
Maybe...

If you can already detect that you have no data and branch to a different path when such a thing, you should built a PDF compound "No data" report and distribute this one instead.
That way RC will have the same report format to distribute no matter what

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
October 22, 2020, 01:42 PM
AMC2
MartyY - Thanks...I can possibly look into that. However, what I just discovered is that my bar chart procedures which is contained as one of the procedures in the compound pdf layout is producing a crashed agent whenever there is a no data output scenario. So when I execute the compound pdf layout procedure within RC for a no data situation, it gives me the "no report to distribute" error message.

So I need to determine why that procedure is producing a crashed agent in a no data scenario.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc