Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Distinct values in maintain stack

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Distinct values in maintain stack
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,
I am trying to populate a ListBox with the values in stack. The stack is populated from a fex file dstfund (basically to extract distinct values of the column fund_name).

TABLE FILE SOLV_D4_ON_DEMAND
BY FUND_NAME
ON TABLE PCHOLD
END

My maintain code is as:

seleclistAmc.fund_name/a100v;
exec dstfund into seleclistAmc;

type "seleclistAmc.foccount<<seleclistAmc.foccount";
compute jrow/i5 = 1;
repeat seleclistAmc.foccount

type "Fund<<seleclistAmc(jrow).fund_name";

jrow=jrow+1;

Endrepeat

When I am printing the values in stack seleclistAmc, it is only displaying me the values till first space. i.e if value is 'ANIL KUMAR' it is only showing 'ANIL' and hence listbox is populated with first word of the values. Whereas my fex file returns it correctly.Why is this happening? Is it a product limitation. How to overcome that? Please suggest.

Thanks in avance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML

Posts: 281 | Location: India | Registered: April 21, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you determine the NLS code page you are using? Could it be 65001 - UTF8?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you don't specify to only hold the printed columns, you'll get two columns in the hold file if you just say BY FIELD. You'll always get the default verb, being the same as the by field.
You should add ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY to be sure you only get the fields you asked for.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you don't specify to only hold the printed columns, you'll get two columns in the hold file if you just say BY FIELD. You'll always get the default verb, being the same as the by field.

Maintain doesn't worry about that, and it doesn't affect the maintain stack at all.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Alan B,
I dont think we can change the NLS code as it will impact all the applications we have.Is there any other way to handle this at application level?

Thanks for your help.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you are running UTF8, open a support ticket. I believe there is a simple patch available.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks AlanB for your help. I will raise it to IBI.

Warm Regards.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,