Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Macintosh Users - Unable to Drill Down

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Macintosh Users - Unable to Drill Down
 Login/Join

posted
I currently have a problem where our Macintosh users are unable to drill down into reports, sometimes these users are not even able to click on the link to run the report.Confused I have contacted customer support, but they say WebFOCUS does not support Macintosh computers and told me to check in the forums. I have looked everywhere and I have been unsuccessful in finding any advice. The Macs are running OSx, and we have tried Safari, IE, Netscape, and FireFox with no success. Does anyone know how to get a Macintosh computer to run a WebFOCUS report and than allow the user to drill down into it?
Thanks!

Aaron Kerwin
University of Northern Colorado

Posts: 4 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 24, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I use safari (3) and camino (1.5) under Leopard, but did initial testing under lower releases in Tiger, and have no real reporting issues, considering that they are unsupported browsers. There are some issues with MRE and UA, but in a basic environment everything seems fine.

I am surprised you have drill down issues as this uses very basic html code.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Alan,
Thanks for the response. We are using Leopard also and I am not sure if we have moved to safari 3, my test box is on safari 2 and I try to keep it the same as the rest of the Mac users. Do you think that if the report is trying to open in .pdf that this could be the problem? Better yet, what is the output type for the reports that you have working for Macs?
Thank You,

Aaron Kerwin

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
PDF is the problem. Preview, which I assume you are using is NOT a fully fledged Adobe reader, though pretty close.

You will need to download the true adobe reader for Mac.

For this reason I do not use drill down in PDF as most Mac users do not want to add the Adobe reader in, whilst windows users have no option...

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Alan. Do you know if there is a way to have the report use PDF for Windows users and if it's a Mac user than use another method?

Aaron Kerwin

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I use navigator.userAgent when the user logs on and hold the result as WFC_agent in WF_cookie (search for Macintosh in string), then I can use &WFC_agent in each focexec to navigate around any issues. However the more I do, the more I work to the lowest common denominator. Though I can check for platform I cannot reliably check for the adobe reader if a Mac user actually has it installed.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help Alan, I will try these and report back with a solution or (hopefully not) problems I run into. I can not say that I can attempt these resolutions today (as other projects have higher priority currently), but I will very soon so the WebFOCUS community and our Mac users have an answer. Thanks Again!

Aaron Kerwin

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Also - Running WebFOCUS through Firefox on a MAC works exactly the same as Firefox on Windows: MRE, UA, everything. Safari has a different implementation of JS that was not close to IE and FF so heavy JS solutions (HTMLRA/GA, etc.) choked.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post