Focal Point
[CLOSED] Reportcaster MORE MEMORY IS NEEDED

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/721102862

October 15, 2009, 02:07 PM
dendem
[CLOSED] Reportcaster MORE MEMORY IS NEEDED
I have a reportcaster job that is producing a task error:

BTP1020 MORE MEMORY IS NEEDED TO EXECUTE THE REQUEST: COMMIT SOURCE
BTP1020 SET DISTRIBUTE=OFF
BTP1010 Task error: MORE MEMORY IS NEEDED TO EXECUTE THE REQUEST: COMMIT SOURCE

I can run the report by itself through MRE wihtout error. It seems to only have a problem when run through reportcaster. This is the first time this report was setup in reportcaster and it is running a data cleaning FEX in MRE.

When I search this error I found this:
"The amount of main storage is insufficient for executing the specified command. Define larger storage"

Does this mean more physical RAM is required or that a setting needs to be changed? Am I going about this correctly?

Webfocus 7.6.8
Windows Server 2003

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
October 16, 2009, 08:54 AM
dlogan
quote:
MORE MEMORY IS NEEDED TO EXECUTE THE REQUEST

That looks like the same error text used for a FOC535.

This makes me think that the Reporting Server is likely the problem and needs more memory. Do you have a ticket open with techsupport yet?

You can also increase the Java heap size used by the ReportCaster distribution server by using the following commands:
http://viralpatel.net/blogs/20...p-size-jvm-heap.html

Within the JAVAOPTIONS registry key within:
HKLM\Software\Information Builders\ReportCaster\76\

Based on the error, however, I think its likely not the Distribution server that is running out of memory.

Thanks,
Doug Logan

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

October 16, 2009, 10:25 AM
dendem
Does Reportcaster require that much more memory then running the report through MRE? All of the Webfocus software is on the same server. No I have not opened a case yer.
October 16, 2009, 10:43 AM
dlogan
The ReportCaster Distribution server might have less memory attributed to it than the Application server (e.g. Tomcat). As a result, it might not necessarily require more memory.

Since the error looks like Reporting Server errror it does bring up some interesting questions on why it would run from Managed Reporting and not from ReportCaster.

Thanks,
Doug Logan

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP