Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Web Focus 5.2 and user profiles

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Web Focus 5.2 and user profiles
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Our company is new to 5.2 - how do I go about creating a profile for and application or for one individual user. I tried creating userid.prf - but don't see that it gets executed.
Looking for something like the old profile.fex

Thanks in advance!
Carol

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Carol,

You need to place your user profile, called userid.prf, in the directory specified by the edaprfu setting found in the Reporting Server's workspace configuration file (edaserve.cfg).

An easy way to set this up is to use the Reporting Server's web console.

1. Log into the console as the server administrator and select the Workspace | Edit Files links from the left frame.

2. The page displayed includes an option to edit or create user profiles (it is the bottom entry shown in the list of files available for editing).

3. Select either an existing file from the drop down list or the entry that allows you to create a new profile.

4. Use the browser edit session to create the profile and then save your changes.

5. The profile is written automatically to the directory specified by the edaprfu setting in edaserve.cfg.

The Reporting Server should then execute the user profile when you connect as that user, assuming you are running with security enabled.

If your reporting server is running on Unix you can also follow the same steps described above to create group profiles, which are held in the same location and named on the basis of a user's primary group (groupid.prf).

I don't believe you can set up an 'application' profile in the normal sense of a reporting server profile (although I am happy to be corrected on this matter).

However, there would be various ways of achieving your desired affect by customising the WebFOCUS Client's configuration files (e.g., site.wfs) to pre-execute a different FOCEXEC (.fex file) on the reporting server, depending upon what parameters are passed to the client on the browser query string.

If you are using UAS/MR then there are also other ways of doing similar things.

Best regards,

Posts: 5 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: March 31, 2003Report This Post