Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SOC4
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am running a Batch Focus using Goldmine Environment.

I have been getting this SOC4 with reason code 11 on and off.

This job has been running almost 5 years without any problem.

But recently I have been having this problem very often. Sometimes the job works fine.

I checked the Job output (CEEDUMP) the job is failing when the focus system library executes IBISNAP and the program module name is PDSSHRS.

Can you please let me know, if I need to modify anything in the application program side or the system program side.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Posts: 6 | Location: Toronto. | Registered: January 31, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The first result in a Google Search for "ibm mainframe error soc04 reason 11": JCL Error

Is a GDG involved?

This forum may be of help as well: http://www.ibmmainframeforum.com/index.php

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ibm mainframe error soc04 reason 11

Thanks Francis. All the Data files that I am using in this job are GDG's. I will look into it, as you said and let you know where i am.

Thanks Much.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Is your operating system z/os, sometimes a SOC4 results when it really is a data overflow of secondary extents no space issue. Or just allocating it in general. If a GDG, you might want to adjust the size of the new dataset in your job being submitted, rather than the defaults on the gdg.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Leah.

You are Correct our system is Z/OS. My output dataset is not GDG. It is just a Flat File with VB format. I will Change the output dataset spaces and give it a shot and let you know what I get.

The problem is sometime the job ran without any ABEND, it is happening in the early morning when the users run this job. Approximately 50 users will run this job almost same time. Some users are having problem with SOC4 and some are able to get the Data without any problem.

I have also added one extra step with Repro to copy the GDG into Dataset for each user. Still didn't work.

I will give it another try and let you know.

Thanks a lot

Master
posted Hide Post
I've seen a S0C4, on a VB file, when there was a mismatch between the DCB specified in the allocation vs. the files actual DCB.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

posted Hide Post
I just want to say THANK YOU for everyone who helped me on this Issue.

This Problem was temporarily solved. We are working with IBM to solve this problem permanently.

The cause of this problem is due to a recent upgrade to the Z/OS CPU’s, these upgrade has been done to Couple of CPU’s in the Z/OS.

Apparently there was glitch in the upgrade that let to this problem.

We are forcing all the jobs to run in the CPU's that are not upgraded. So we are using small patch in the JCL to Force it to a CPU's that are not upgraded. Hopefully we will solve this issue permanently.

Thanks again for all the Experts who helped me on this Issue. I really appreciate your Help.

Thank you

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This post makes me remember an old funny:

Q: A SOC4! What's a SOC4?
A: To keep your feet warm!

WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.

Posts: 154 | Location: NY | Registered: October 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
A SOC4 is a claytons error message.

The error message you get when there isn't an error message.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post