Focal Point
[CLOSED]Unable to close browser tab in chrome and Firefox

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7237029386

September 17, 2016, 01:27 PM
Sangeetha Durairaju
[CLOSED]Unable to close browser tab in chrome and Firefox
Hi,

I have to login to WebFOCUS Reporting Portal from a different front end screen through Single Sign On (SSO). After getting into the Reporting Portal, When the user logs off, I have to redirect to a different URL and then close that browser tab. I used window.close() in the JS file but it closes only IE browser. It doesn't work in Chrome and Firefox.

I have tried many options like:
var url = 'www.mysite.com';
window.open(url);
window.close();

--------------------

window.open(location, '_self', '');
window.close();

-------------------------
But none helped. Can anyone please suggest me ways to close chrome and firefox browser through Javascript.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Webfocus 8.1.05
September 19, 2016, 08:53 AM
jgelona
In the client admin console, have your tried setting the IBI_Signout_Redirect_URL parameter under Configuration/Application Setting/Security?

We are an IE shop but we have this set to our Infonet Home Page.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
September 19, 2016, 10:30 AM
Sangeetha Durairaju
Hi,

IBI_Signout_Redirect_URL parameter has been set by the Admin Team to the correct URL. On Logoff, it redirects to the URL that is been set up in the IBI_Signout_Redirect_URL parameter which happens as expected. THe problem is in closing the browser tab after redirecting. The JS window.close(); doesn't seem to work in Chrome and Firefox.

Webfocus 8.1.05
September 19, 2016, 10:41 AM
eric.woerle
Once you've redirected to your signout page, WebFOCUS is no longer involved. This is purely a html/js process at this point. My suggestion is to talk to the people that created the logout page and have them add the necessary JS to close the page.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
September 19, 2016, 11:13 PM
Dr. Nick
Hi,

This works in Chrome:

open(location, '_self').close();

Nick

WebFOCUS 7.7.03 & 8.0.7
Windows