Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Unable to close browser tab in chrome and Firefox

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Unable to close browser tab in chrome and Firefox
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I have to login to WebFOCUS Reporting Portal from a different front end screen through Single Sign On (SSO). After getting into the Reporting Portal, When the user logs off, I have to redirect to a different URL and then close that browser tab. I used window.close() in the JS file but it closes only IE browser. It doesn't work in Chrome and Firefox.

I have tried many options like:
var url = 'www.mysite.com';
window.open(url);
window.close();

--------------------

window.open(location, '_self', '');
window.close();

-------------------------
But none helped. Can anyone please suggest me ways to close chrome and firefox browser through Javascript.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Webfocus 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
In the client admin console, have your tried setting the IBI_Signout_Redirect_URL parameter under Configuration/Application Setting/Security?

We are an IE shop but we have this set to our Infonet Home Page.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

IBI_Signout_Redirect_URL parameter has been set by the Admin Team to the correct URL. On Logoff, it redirects to the URL that is been set up in the IBI_Signout_Redirect_URL parameter which happens as expected. THe problem is in closing the browser tab after redirecting. The JS window.close(); doesn't seem to work in Chrome and Firefox.

Webfocus 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
Once you've redirected to your signout page, WebFOCUS is no longer involved. This is purely a html/js process at this point. My suggestion is to talk to the people that created the logout page and have them add the necessary JS to close the page.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

This works in Chrome:

open(location, '_self').close();

Nick

WebFOCUS 7.7.03 & 8.0.7
Windows
HTML, Excel, PDF, etc.
Also, using Maintain, etc.