Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Tab Color in Excel Spreadsheets

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7251065992

September 16, 2008, 02:17 PM
Tod
[CASE-OPENED] Tab Color in Excel Spreadsheets
Does anyone know a way to apply color to tabs when using Excel as an output format? I'm hoping there's something similar to TITLETEXT that would work in a stylesheet. I was successful in right clicking and changing the tab color in an Excel Template, and the color stayed put when it ran, but I'd prefer to avoid the issues involved in templates (losing formatting for the sheets being populated, needing cell references in other sheets, etc.), so I'm hoping for something that works with a TOC or compound construction.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
September 16, 2008, 03:11 PM
Francis Mariani
I'm pretty sure WebFOCUS can't set the Excel spreadsheet tab colour. Perhaps you could iron out the template issues, I'm sure someone here can help.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 17, 2008, 03:48 AM
<JG>
Tod, remember a template can be just a simple macro and you can do the styling using WebFocus

For example the following will color the tabs but has no effect on what WebFocus might have done.

Sheet1,Sheet2,Sheet3 are the default (English) tab names, if you have renamed the tabs
using TITLETEXT just substitute those.

Sub Auto_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Tab.ColorIndex = 8
Sheets("Sheet2").Tab.ColorIndex = 9
Sheets("Sheet3").Tab.ColorIndex = 10
End Sub
May 14, 2014, 03:04 PM
nsk110483
Is this still not possible with the webfocus stylesheet?

In Focus since 2008
WebFOCUS 8.2.0.1
Windows 7 - IE,Chrome,Firefox
Excel, PDF, HTML, AHTML, XML
JavaScript, jQuery, D3.js, Highcharts
May 21, 2014, 02:02 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi nsk110483,

There is currently a New Feature Request in programming for the ability to color the Excel worksheet tabs in an output report.

If you would like to be added to this project, please open a case on InfoAssist Online and reference this topic.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn