Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [WORKAROUND]Scrolling In a report...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[WORKAROUND]Scrolling In a report...
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a question can we do it or not.

Question:-after the user runs any report if he has huge amount of data the scrolling comes automatically starting from the title to the end instead of that i need the scroll option just from the data so that the user can get view of the title and data as he scrolls down.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kodi,

Webfocus 7702,Windows XP

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Would FREEZE help? Place the code below in your stylesheet or do it in Report Painter GUI (Options -> Features -> Freeze).

TYPE=REPORT,
HFREEZE=ON,
SCROLLHEIGHT=2.000000,
$

Cheers,
Mika

WebFOCUS 7.6.x
PMF 5.2.x

Posts: 58 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: April 22, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
IT WORKED THANKS A LOT.....

i tried in both ways both r working
1.TYPE=REPORT,
HFREEZE=ON,
SCROLLHEIGHT=2.000000,
$
OR
2.Options-->Features-->Freeze-->Top

Webfocus 7702,Windows XP

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I was facing an issue again with this in the HTML.

http://i52.tinypic.com/20rmphy.jpg

i get 3 scroll down buttons:-
1.for the main page
2.for iframe
3.then for the main report

how can i avoid the iframe vertical sliding i just need the horizontal sliding for iframe.

i have one more question--when i click the run button i first get a display of title and after some time i get their respective data can i find a solution for this too..
hope u will be getting what exactly i m asking for

Webfocus 7702,Windows XP

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Kodi, regarding your question: "how can i avoid the iframe vertical sliding i just need the horizontal sliding for iframe."

In HTML Composer you could try setting the iframe property "Sizing and Scrolling" to No.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
dbeagan i got it thanx for the solution...

waiting for the solution for my second question question.

Webfocus 7702,Windows XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
when i click the run button i first get a display of title and after some time i get their respective data can i find a solution for this too..
- this is due to the "huge amount of data" being delivered to the web browser window - I don't think you can do anything about this. You could look into 'WebFOCUS Viewer' - on-demand paging, where one page of the report is returned instead of the whole report.

Documentation: Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Navigating Within an HTML Report > Navigating a Multi-Page Report With the WebFOCUS Viewer

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Francis i tried the on demand paging option when i do that my report layout in the html changes like the scrolling option etc, the report becomes uneven...

i m checking the documentation....

Webfocus 7702,Windows XP

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
quote:
when i click the run button i first get a display of title and after some time i get their respective data can i find a solution for this too..
- this is due to the "huge amount of data" being delivered to the web browser window - I don't think you can do anything about this. You could look into 'WebFOCUS Viewer' - on-demand paging, where one page of the report is returned instead of the whole report.

Documentation: Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Navigating Within an HTML Report > Navigating a Multi-Page Report With the WebFOCUS Viewer

i m having a huge amount of data is there any option i can display the first 20 and then after sometime i get the remaining output.

Webfocus 7702,Windows XP

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
WHEN i use On page demanding the report look changes unevenly can anyone help me in this issue.

Webfocus 7702,Windows XP

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
how to avoid vertical scroll down option for an iframe

Webfocus 7702,Windows XP