Focal Point
[CLOSED] Display two columns from field that has multiple entires

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7267083776

July 22, 2015, 11:41 AM
Tonyperkis
[CLOSED] Display two columns from field that has multiple entires
Hi, I am trying create a report that displays Description and Resolution information around request tickets. The field I need to display is LDTEXT. The problem is that LDTEXT holds information for both Resolution and Description. This is determined by LDOWNERCOL. I.e., if LDOWNERCOL = DESCRIPTION then LDTEXT will display description information. If LDOWNERCOL = FR2CODE then LDTEXT will display resolution information. This generates two rows for the same ticket. One row has resolution info and the next row has Description information. My question is how do I get LDTEXT to be displayed into two different columns. I tried defining a new field but that didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
July 22, 2015, 04:52 PM
Spence
DEFINE FILE XXXX
DESC_INFO /A100 = IF LDOWNERCOL EQ 'DESCRIPTION' THEN LDTEXT ELSE '';
RESOL_INFO/A100 = IF LDOWNERCOL EQ 'FR2CODE' THEN LDTEXT ELSE '';
END
TABLE FILE XXXX
SUM DESC_INFO
RESOL_INFO
BY request_ticket
END

WF 8 version 8.2.04. Windows.
In focus since 1990.
July 23, 2015, 03:23 PM
Tonyperkis
Thanks, This got me a little further but it appears that the Resolution field is not changing. The Resolution appears to be repeating. I.e. the first 5 records show the same resolution even though that is not the resolution related to the ticket id.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
July 23, 2015, 05:57 PM
jfr99
Try this ...

TABLE FILE XXXX
SUM
MAX.DESC_INFO
MAX.RESOL_INFO
BY REQUEST_TICKET
END

WebFocus 8.201M, Windows, App Studio