Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] App Studio 8.0 support DATEDIF function for business day exclude Holiday?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] App Studio 8.0 support DATEDIF function for business day exclude Holiday?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I currently work with two systems: old system is WF7.7.03 on mainframe with UNIX partition. New system use App Studio 8 connect to WF 8 Window Server.
I need to calculate business day, excluding holidays, for my new report in App Studio 8. I followed WF DeveloperStudio 7.7.03 online help and created a Holiday text file, named as HDAYYR11.ERR. I placed it under ‘My Content’ within App Studio 8, same location as my fex program. I can see this .ERR file within “App Studio” by clicking the “Other files” icon. When I run my fex program, it either give me parsing error or neglect the Holiday file, and give me
(FOC1892) FILE NOT FOUND : HDAYYR11ERRORS *
When I tested same fex program at WF7.7.03 on mainframe UNIX, I did not get parsing error, but still get FILE NOT FOUND error.
Will App Studio 8 support DATEDIF function with Holiday File? Could it be Holiday File location issue? At App Studio 8, both my fex program and HDAYYR11.ERR are located at same location path - under “My Content”. At WF7.7.03 mainframe system (zOs), both my .ERR file and fex program are located at same UNIX app directory. I can’t make it “a member of ERRORS named HDAYxxxx” ( as instructed by the online help) since we don’t use PDS dataset, we use UNIX HFS structure. Please help!!

Here is my code:
SET BUSDAYS = _mtwtf_
SET HDAY= YR11

TABLE FILE FINAL_DATA
SUM
COMPUTE STDT_YYMD/YYMD = FINAL_DATA.SEG01.STDT;
COMPUTE STUS_ENDT_YYMD/YYMD = FINAL_DATA.SEG01.STUS_ENDT;
COMPUTE TOTAL_BDAY/I4 = DATEDIF(STDT_YYMD, STUS_ENDT_YYMD, 'BD');
BY FINAL_ DATA.SEG01.STUS_ENDT
BY FINAL_ DATA.SEG01.STDT
WHERE …….
END

thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.2.01 AppStudio
HTML, PDF, Excel

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Put your file in and application directory that is in the APP PATH on the WF Reporting Server.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF

Posts: 175 | Location: Pomona, NY | Registered: August 06, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
In earlier releases, prior to 7.7, the holiday file had to be in a specific directory. With 8.0 and maybe 7.7 (we skippped 7.7) you can place it where ever you want. I put ours in the baseapp folder and have a FILEDEF to it in the edasprof on the reporting server.

FILEDEF HDAYKIDS DISK baseapp/hdaykids.txt

I am not disputing what Alex said but I believe that when we were testing, without the FILEDEF, the server only looked in the default folder and did not search the application path. Could be wrong, but that is what I remember.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have asked our Window server Amin put my file at
.../ibi/srv80/wfs/bin/HDAY13YR.ERR
also at APP PATH. But it did not work, I still got "File not found" error.

I will try to use FILEDEF with jgelona's suggestion, and let you know. We can use file name as .txt?? not .ERR? I will try both.

thanks,
Emily

HTML, PDF, Excel

Master
posted Hide Post
Emily, that folder is the default folder.

You also need:

SET HDAY = 13YR

set somewhere.

Since you are Linux (so are we), I suggest that your filename be lower case and the above SET would be

SET HDAY = 13yr

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to jgelona and all,
It works now with FILEDEF and proper path.

In my WF8 Window environment, I use
FILEDEF HDAY13YR DISK /ibi/apps/dmia/HDAY13YR.ERR
-RUN
SET BUSDAYS = _MTWTF_
SET HDAY= 13YR

In my WF7.7.03 Unix on mainframe, I use
FILEDEF HDAYYR11 DISK /products/WebTst73/ibi/apps/cpmsmi/HDAYYR11.ERR
-RUN

thanks.

HTML, PDF, Excel