Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Redirect Password-Change-Fail?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Redirect Password-Change-Fail?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I'm customizing login pages for my dashboards and I've created a new login page with much success. It's quite the looker.

I've created a new password-change page and the login page points to it. So far so good. I change the bid-config.xml file for password-change-success and it's redirecting to my new login page just fine.

But, password-change-failure results in the original WORP_PassChange.jsp page being displayed. Is there a way to have my redesigned password change page to display instead of the original in the event the password change attempt fails?

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
How about the META tags in the HEAD of your initial page itself?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We ended up changing to submitting the password change and receiving an XML response and then handle it our selves.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised there's a setting for password-change-success but not for password-change-fail. I suppose the proposition is that you have no reason to go anywhere else than the page that changes the password.

I'll look into the idea of moving up the chain one step Waz, which I am presuming how you figured out how to submit the form and receive xml in return instead of a page repaint. It may be as simple as submitting into a pop-under and then capturing the error message to present on the original calling page, but Ajaxing it would be simpler still if I can figure out how to get that back instead of the html.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The parameter to pass is IBIMR_returntype=XML.

If you find a way with the redirect, let us know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waz,

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Good God! Somebody in Oz buy this man a beer!

Thanks bud, that just made things a whole lot easier to figure out.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
As long as its Tasmanian Beer...... Razzer

Its amazing what you can find when you go exploring.......

I don't think the returntype is very well documented.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hey Waz, bumped into a little snag here -- my users aren't in Managed Reporting yet, so I can't submit to MR without receiving the "Log in to MR" message. Did you move the location of where you had them change the password?

By the way this is MR password only, we proxy to the reporting server.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
We have placed ours in the app, so we have already validated.

You may have to log the user in and then call the pw change using IBIMR_returntype=XML of course.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984