Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SQL Server 6.5
 Login/Join

posted
hi guys, does webfocus ver 5.2.3 supports SQL Server 6.5? I was able to add it in configured Data Adapters and was succesful bringing in one of the tables. i tried creating a test fex and dropped one of the fields in the report and run it and have the ff error:

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 21 (HEX: 00000015) XOPEN: HY000
: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: [HY000] WARNING - Fatal Error
: 605 occurred at Jul 6 2004 5:19PM. Please note the error and time, an
: d contact your System Administrator.
L (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR. : STUDENT

need some bright lights in here Frowner

thanks,

Posts: 24 | Location: NY | Registered: May 30, 2003Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted
I do not know if it solves your problem, but try to use ODBC connection to MS SQL 6.5 instead of OLE DB.
WebFOCUS used ODBC interface to MS SQL Server in those time when MS SQL 6.5 was the "newest release".

Hope this helps
Grzegorz

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks Grzegorz Smiler

it worked!but fields having data type of DATE/TIME have incompatibilities. here's the error.

ErroR Parsing MASTER File Stud0001 ((FOC1383) UNSUPPORTED DATETIME FORMAT FOR FIELD: MOD_DATE (1383))

MOD_DATE is of type DATE/TIME HYYMDs

any work around for this?am thinking of manually modifying the MAS and change it to DATE/TIME format supported by webfocus 2.3.5 but havent done it yet. thanks again Smiler

Expert
posted Hide Post
kerberos,

Do exactly that, change the usage and actual values within the .mas. It is one of the only changes you can make to the .mas for a SQL Server datasource without adversely affecting efficiency.

My current client uses SQL Server and I perform this change every time I create, or refresh, a synonym.

Just use one of the WebFOCUS internal date formats of YYMD, DMYY, MDYY, etc. You are not limited to just using YYMD. You don't even have to use the same format for usage and actual.

BUT, if you change one you MUST change the other or else you will receive error messages about conversion of date / time vlaues.

Further information -

One thing to bear in mind though when looking at the .mas file for a SQL source (DB2, MSSQL etc) and that is that the ALIAS name MUST exactly match (incl. case) the column name. The FIELDNAME can be whatever you want although I would suggest you stick to what is generated from the create synonym command.

Good luck

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the tip Tony. for now, am doing it manually, but eventually am really pushing them to upgrade to SQL200. Smiler