Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     getting the FIND to work with sqlout

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
getting the FIND to work with sqlout
 Login/Join

<Nate Conn>
posted
Has anyone made the FIND command work with SQLOUT.

For example, this doesn't work.

'&STATE.(FIND STVSTAT_CODE IN SQLOUT).Choose a STATE.';

I've even tried ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMPSTAT FORMAT FOCUS after getting my data through sqlpassthru.

And then tried issuing '&STATE.(FIND STVSTAT_CODE IN TEMPSTAT).Choose a STATE.';

In both cases it can't find the description of the file. Well, both are temporary files which is what I want, since I'm creating dynamic dropdown list.

Thanks,
Nate

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nate

This subject has been covered recently, and you might want to search the Forum.

Basically auto prompt searches through the focexec for unresolved amper variables, it will run no code at this stage. It will then present the auto prompt screen to the user. After the user has made the selection the reports or any other code runs.

So you may want to consider another approach to this. Coding your own launch page rather than relying on auto prompt

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nate,
I agree with Alan. You need some type of self-service app which will populate a listbox with the data retrieved in SQLOUT. That is what we do.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
<Nate Conn>
posted
I did some searching and could not find that recent post you had mentioned. Do you remember the post or example. It would be handy if one could insert a link to a related post.

Thanks in advance,
Nate

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nate
I think the topic I was thinking of is.

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...271012512#7271012512

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nate,

What is the code for the SQLOUT file?

If it is not too complicated you may be able to put it into the FIND directly.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

<Nate Conn>
posted
Thanks Alan. For that link to that previoius post. Very helpful. I like that requested feature you proposed. How do I support it?

Tom, your idea includes APP HOLD FOLDERNAME. Wouldn't this cause a few issues if multiple users hit the same report at the same time? It would be overwriting the HOLD file for the other user. Or not, I haven't tried this. I may have to try this.

Alan,

Here's the sql:

ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION PBAN
SQL SQLORA PREPARE SQLOUT FOR
SELECT DISTINCT STVSTAT_DESC, STVSTAT_CODE
FROM SOBSBGI, SHBTATC, STVSBGI, SHRTATC, STVSTAT
WHERE STVSTAT_CODE(+) = SOBSBGI_STAT_CODE
AND SHBTATC_SBGI_CODE = SOBSBGI_SBGI_CODE
AND SOBSBGI_SBGI_CODE = STVSBGI_CODE
AND SHRTATC_SBGI_CODE = SOBSBGI_SBGI_CODE
AND STVSBGI_TYPE_IND = 'C'
AND STVSBGI_DESC > 'A'
AND SHBTATC_TAST_CODE = 'A'
AND STVSTAT_CODE IS NOT NULL
AND SHRTATC_TERM_CODE_EFF_TRNS = SHBTATC_TERM_CODE_EFF_TRNS
AND SHRTATC_SUBJ_CODE_TRNS = SHBTATC_SUBJ_CODE_TRNS
AND SHRTATC_CRSE_NUMB_TRNS = SHBTATC_CRSE_NUMB_TRNS
ORDER BY 1;
END

I don't think I can fit that in a FIND statement without using that APP HOLD command if that indeed won't create additional problems.

Thanks,
Nate

Report This Post
<Nate Conn>
posted
thanks, tom

Report This Post