Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FOC205 Description Cannot be found...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOC205 Description Cannot be found...
 Login/Join

posted
Originally created using Dev Studio and WF 7.1.04.
I used WF 8.1.04M to modify, but is not backward compatible. Problems happening in first 5 or so lines. Hope someone can help me. Have broken access to the old site. Please see code snippet below:

-* File: IBFS:/Development/WFC/Repository/training/std_reports/jackieo1s6bm/ProfessionalVistatReport.fex Created by WebFOCUS AppStudio
-*WHENCE JO_HOLD1 MASTER

SET NODATA = NV
FI JO_HOLD1 DISK JO_HOLD1.FTM (APPEND
-SET &ACAD_YEAR_DISPLAY = EDIT(&ACADEMIC_YEAR, '9999-$$99');
JOIN
PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8.PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8.INSTITUTION_CODE
IN professional_staff_data_elem_8 TO MULTIPLE
INSTITUTION.INSTITUTION.INSTITUTION_CODE IN institution TAG J0 AS J0
END

DEFINE FILE PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8
CAT1/I2=1;
CAT1_DESC/A52=
IF CAT1 EQ 1 THEN 'GRAND TOTAL'
ELSE IF CAT1 EQ 2 THEN 'SUB-POPULATIONS: '
ELSE IF CAT1 EQ 3 THEN 'BY ACADEMIC RANK WITH MULTIPLE MANPOWER (SEE NOTE*)'
ELSE IF CAT1 EQ 4 THEN 'BY MANPOWER RESOURCE'
ELSE IF CAT1 EQ 5 THEN 'BY ACADEMIC RANK (SEE NOTE*)'
ELSE IF CAT1 EQ 6 THEN 'BY MANPOWER RESOURCE WITH MULTIPLE ACADEMIC RANK'
ELSE ' ';
GRP1/I2=0;
GRP1_DESC/A40=' ';
GRP2/I2=0;
GRP2_DESC/A30=' ';
GRP3/I2=0;
GRP3_DESC/A15=' ';
MALE/I5S=0;
FEMALE/I5S=0;
END

TABLE FILE PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8
SUM
MALE
FEMALE
CNT.SOCIAL_SECURITY_NUMBER/I7C AS 'L_TOTAL'
COMPUTE SUB_TOTAL/A1 = 'N';
BY ACADEMIC_YEAR AS 'YEAR'
BY LOWEST INSTITUTION_CODE
BY LONG_NAME
BY LOWEST CAT1
BY LOWEST CAT1_DESC
BY LOWEST GRP1
BY LOWEST GRP1_DESC
BY LOWEST GRP2
BY LOWEST GRP2_DESC
BY LOWEST GRP3
BY LOWEST GRP3_DESC
WHERE ACADEMIC_YEAR EQ &ACADEMIC_YEAR.(FIND PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8.PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8.ACADEMIC_YEAR IN PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8|FORMAT=A8).ACADEMIC_YEAR:.QUOTEDSTRING;
WHERE INSTITUTION_CODE EQ &INSTITUTION_CODE.(FIND PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8.PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8.INSTITUTION_CODE IN PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8|FORMAT=A3).INSTITUTION_CODE:.QUOTEDSTRING;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS JO_HOLD1
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = ok,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 26 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: January 27, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
FOC205 means WF didn't find the master file. Which master file is it complaining about? Is it in your path?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
FOCUS Error Messages By Number

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I did look up the error code. I also googled looking for the answer. I have two Snippet files to send as attachments, but don't see how to do that here. The first error message states:

The following error has occurred while processing this form:
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 5 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC*
Please contact your administrator for assistance.

The second error states:

The Following error has occurred while processing this form:
(FOC205) THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED:
Please contact your administrator for assistance.

The problem file named is not given to me. I believe it has everything to do with the reference to FI...(APPEND. Was this even available in WF 7.1.04/Developer Studio? I had made changes using WF 8.2.01M/App Studio, but then I copied this to the old 7.1.04 environment. We are in the process
of re-accomplishing this, but my users need to still get to the old site.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 26 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: January 27, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jackie

I am pretty sure that it can't find the master file for PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8 or INSTITUTION. Make sure the application folder these files exist in are in the APP PATH.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You will notice that there was A LOT of code tightening from v7 to v8.

Try changing the FI to FILEDEF and you may need to fully qualify the hold file with the app folder

FILEDEF JO_HOLD1 DISK [AppFolder/]JO_HOLD1.FTM (APPEND 

Docs: Syntax: How to Assign a Logical Name With a FILEDEF Command

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP Mod Chuck:
I am pretty sure that it can't find the master file for PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8 or INSTITUTION. Make sure the application folder these files exist in are in the APP PATH.

And/or you can include an APPPATH command at the beginning of the code, that tells WF where to look for the master files.

Docs: Search Path Management Commands

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you every one!!! I will certainly try these suggestions.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
FP Mod Chuck,

I am only able to get to our production side of WF 7.1.04. I looked in the synonyms and you are correct in that the PROFESSIONAL_STAFF_DATA_ELEM_8 synonym is not there. Tried to add it but couldn't because of versioning. Is there any way at this point to add this synonym? I have no access to development using this Dev Studio version.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there any way at this point to add this synonym?

Can you create the synonym using the WebFOCUS Console ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jackie

Sounds like you will have to get your admin to create the synonym on your dev environment using the Reporting Server console.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post