Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] WF8 - big changes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] WF8 - big changes
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I just noticed that where I referenced "app\" before all my .fex files in my app, that now I need to just reference "processfiles". Big change. Also, does any one know why when you render an AHTML file and then try and put the results in an innerhtml, it does not work? Worked great in previous versions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Version: 8.0.0.6
Windows platform
All output formats will probably be used.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Do you mean, when you refer fex file with AHTML o/p format, its not working in 8.0 HTML Composer?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
<MLerner>
posted
Kowens,
I'm not sure what you mean by "processfiles", but yes WF 8 is a major architectural change. In Managed Reporting we no longer use the app/file.fex referencing. Instead everything both in and out of MR can be referenced with fully qualified IBFS paths or relatively.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am using webservices to render some reports. I am also using servlet calls on other reports. My code was referencing "app" in front of all the reports before they were called to get them correctly! So I need to change them all now????

Windows platform

<MLerner>
posted
Your old app\ references with the old Web Service SOAP based code will work fine as long as you do not move any content around.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Matt, it is not. It states it cannot find the procedure unless I modify report location in reference.vb from the webservice before I call it. Do you have success with this?

Windows platform

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Kowens,
Are these new reports that are being created in the migrated environment or migrated reports.

Let me know what the Full Path is to one of the Migrated reports.

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
If you migrated using the migrate tool then it should work fine as Matt Lerner mentioned but if you open and do any change then it won't work. In that case, you need to change the path according to WF8 standard.

If you have a old version backup copy that file and paste it in WF8 and try run it.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
These are not new reports, they are reports that have been migrated to WF8 and NOT modified.

Windows platform

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
For SOAP Web Services in a WF8 Migrated environment, the Domain, Folder, and ReportName definitions for the FexInfo structure are derived from the Full Path to the report.

For example, if the Full Path to the WebFOCUS report is the following:
IBFS:/WFC/Repository/efrem/std_reports/car_reports/sales.fex

then the FexInfo structure definition would be the following:

MREdomain=efrem
MREfolder=car_reports
name=sales.fex

In order to reference name as app/sales.fex, the Full Path to the WebFOCUS Report would have had to be the following:
IBFS:/WFC/Repository/efrem/std_reports/car_reports/app/sales.fex

Meaning, that there would need to be a sub-folder created called "app" under the MREfolder definition which would contain the WebFOCUS reports.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you efrem. It was your post that gave me some insight on how to handle this.

I did add a physical sub folder where I needed it to be and called it "app". I also had to MODIFY my .NET code prior to calling the SOAP webservice to turn the MRE Folder from a virtual folder (it had a # in front of the name) into a physical folder. This was accomplished just by removing the "#" in front of the name.
I was then able to find my reports fine, and only had to modify one file in my NET code, instead of about 30.
This solution, although not ideal (ideal would be not having to change ANY
code) did seem to work.
Would you review the steps I took and let me know if you think it is a good solution?
Given the directory structure of
IBFS:/WFC/Repository/tpmsdevt/std_reports/processfiles/app/alertlisting_proc.fex

1. Add "app" directory structure to my current folder structure.
2. Publish the new "app" folder.
3. Move the files to this new folder and publish.
4. Update the following code in my .NET to turn a virtual folder into a physical folder.
MREFolder = "#processfiles" ----> MREFolder = "processfiles"
It now finds all the references to "app/alertlisting_proc.fex"

Windows platform

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That should work.
But, I am investigating on why app/fexname.fex doesn't work with Web Services after migration.
I would advise to open up a Hottrack case so the discussion can continue.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you have a chance, you should try out WebFOCUS RESTful Web Services.
It has more functionality than SOAP Web Services.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Efrem,

Going forward I would like to use RWS. But I want to avoid having to change alot of legacy code at this time, so I am sticking to SOAP for the legacy apps.

Windows platform