Focal Point
[CLOSED] Change FOC_NONE for ignore?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7317066926

March 21, 2013, 04:36 PM
Doug
[CLOSED] Change FOC_NONE for ignore?
How can the value being passed for the "ignore", of an html form (launch page: LP) control, be changed from "FOC_NONE" to something else, such as "All"?

I couldn't find anything here about this, a lot about ignore and FOC_NONE, but nothing about changing the returned value from FOC_NONE to [something else].

The reason I ask is that we have some SQL which is based on useing "ALL" in some of its filtering and the values, when selecting "ALL" from the LP is FOC_NONE. I want it to pass "ALL" I know that the &var_name_TEXT is available. But that would require code in the fex to use either the value of &var_name_TEXT or var_name, and I don't want to do that.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this.

BTW: I guess I could just change "ALL" to "FOC_NONE" in the SQL code but that brings in other issues and I'd prefer not going down that road.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
March 21, 2013, 06:30 PM
Dan Satchell
If it's a static selection list, you should be able to add an option with 'ALL' as the value passed. If it's a dynamic list, you could add the 'ALL' option to the XML list in the focexec that creates the list.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
March 21, 2013, 07:39 PM
Doug
Cool Thanks Dan, It is a dynamic list which come from SQL pass thru. I can take those X records and do a TABLE FILE SQLOUT to create a N+1 record output. Is that what you're thinking? Got Samples, from CAR? I'll be back in the morning for more.
March 21, 2013, 08:26 PM
Dan Satchell
One idea:

SET HOLDLIST = PRINTONLY
SET ASNAMES  = ON
FILEDEF CARHOLD DISK CARHOLD.FTM (APPEND
-RUN
DEFINE FILE CAR
 DISPLAY_TEXT/A13 = LCWORD(10,COUNTRY,'A13');
END
TABLE FILE CAR
 SUM FST.DISPLAY_TEXT
 BY COUNTRY
 ON TABLE HOLD AS CARHOLD FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
-SET &ALL_DISPLAY = 'All Countries';
-SET &ALL_VALUE = 'ALL       ';
-WRITE CARHOLD &ALL_VALUE..&ALL_DISPLAY
-RUN
TABLE FILE CARHOLD
 SUM FST.DISPLAY_TEXT
 BY COUNTRY
 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
March 22, 2013, 08:20 AM
Doug
Good One I Like it... Now I need to do that 18 times for this LP Smiler...
March 22, 2013, 09:21 AM
Don Garland
What about setting the value on the launched fex?

-SET &SelVar = &SelVar EQ 'FOC_NONE' THEN 'ALL' ELSE &SelVar;

Just saying

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
June 21, 2013, 03:20 PM
J
sorry to reply to a closed topic, but in html composer you can change the default ignore by going to properties and clicking on the DOM dropdown >> DOCUMENT >> Ignor filters >> _FOC_NULL

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
June 24, 2013, 03:59 AM
Wep5622
Oh! That is in the GUI somewhere then... I've been manually fixing _FOC_NULL to FOC_NONE in several of our new launch pages already.

Well hidden!

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :