Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Change FOC_NONE for ignore?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Change FOC_NONE for ignore?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
How can the value being passed for the "ignore", of an html form (launch page: LP) control, be changed from "FOC_NONE" to something else, such as "All"?

I couldn't find anything here about this, a lot about ignore and FOC_NONE, but nothing about changing the returned value from FOC_NONE to [something else].

The reason I ask is that we have some SQL which is based on useing "ALL" in some of its filtering and the values, when selecting "ALL" from the LP is FOC_NONE. I want it to pass "ALL" I know that the &var_name_TEXT is available. But that would require code in the fex to use either the value of &var_name_TEXT or var_name, and I don't want to do that.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this.

BTW: I guess I could just change "ALL" to "FOC_NONE" in the SQL code but that brings in other issues and I'd prefer not going down that road.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If it's a static selection list, you should be able to add an option with 'ALL' as the value passed. If it's a dynamic list, you could add the 'ALL' option to the XML list in the focexec that creates the list.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Cool Thanks Dan, It is a dynamic list which come from SQL pass thru. I can take those X records and do a TABLE FILE SQLOUT to create a N+1 record output. Is that what you're thinking? Got Samples, from CAR? I'll be back in the morning for more.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
One idea:

SET HOLDLIST = PRINTONLY
SET ASNAMES  = ON
FILEDEF CARHOLD DISK CARHOLD.FTM (APPEND
-RUN
DEFINE FILE CAR
 DISPLAY_TEXT/A13 = LCWORD(10,COUNTRY,'A13');
END
TABLE FILE CAR
 SUM FST.DISPLAY_TEXT
 BY COUNTRY
 ON TABLE HOLD AS CARHOLD FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
-SET &ALL_DISPLAY = 'All Countries';
-SET &ALL_VALUE = 'ALL       ';
-WRITE CARHOLD &ALL_VALUE..&ALL_DISPLAY
-RUN
TABLE FILE CARHOLD
 SUM FST.DISPLAY_TEXT
 BY COUNTRY
 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Good One I Like it... Now I need to do that 18 times for this LP Smiler...

Guru
posted Hide Post
What about setting the value on the launched fex?

-SET &SelVar = &SelVar EQ 'FOC_NONE' THEN 'ALL' ELSE &SelVar;

Just saying

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
sorry to reply to a closed topic, but in html composer you can change the default ignore by going to properties and clicking on the DOM dropdown >> DOCUMENT >> Ignor filters >> _FOC_NULL

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oh! That is in the GUI somewhere then... I've been manually fixing _FOC_NULL to FOC_NONE in several of our new launch pages already.

Well hidden!

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post