Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Style sheet documentation

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Style sheet documentation
 Login/Join

posted
Searching the online documentation for the words "style sheet attribute" I was able to locate the following (in 'Creating Reports with WebFocus Language'):
---------------------------------------------
Syntax: How to Specify a WebFOCUS StyleSheet Declaration
Each StyleSheet declaration specifies a series of attributes in the form

attribute = value, [attribute = value, ...] $where:

attribute

Is the attribute you are specifying, such as TYPE, COLUMN, COLOR, or FONT.

value

Is the value you assign to the attribute.
---------------------------------------------

This is only partially helpful since they do not give the complete list of valid attributes that can be specified. I cannot find that list, does anyone know where it is? Actually I have found this to be a general problem in all IBI documentation, that they give an example but do not indicate where to find the complete syntax for the command or function.

Posts: 18 | Location: Rockville, MD | Registered: September 20, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Maina,

You can get the full list from the technical reference book WebFOCUS Keysheet or the legacy version Focus Keysheet. These are available through Aviter, Inc. - an InfoElite partner of IBI. If you would like more info on it, please visit the website at www.aviter.com.

Regards,
Vivian

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
maina, i agree with you.
there's room for improvement there.
one of the best ways to figure them out
is to look at, print out, all the default .css files that come installed in the sample directories when you install webfocus.
That's very helpful.
And, build a fex using ReportAssistant, do alot of fancy formatting, then look at the code you've generated. its daunting when you first start, but you'll get the hang of it.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Vivian - the Aviter books look good. I've asked my company to order all 3.

Posts: 18 | Location: Rockville, MD | Registered: September 20, 2005Report This Post