Focal Point
[CLOSED] forms in FOCUS SIX

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/732102042

September 15, 2009, 12:21 PM
JohnB
[CLOSED] forms in FOCUS SIX
I have a project which involves working with an application built with FOCUS Six. It uses forms for the interfaces. How are forms stored? Are they a separate file (like a launch page created the HTML Layout Painter in Dev. Studio) and if so what is the file extension?

Thank you,

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF
September 15, 2009, 01:20 PM
GamP
JohnB,
Focus 6 - my, that's a long time time ago since I heard anything about that product...
Forms in Focus 6. They were indeed stored in seperate files with an extension of (if my memroy serves me well) .wfm - stands for WinFormMetadata (or something to that effect).

Hope this gets you going ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
September 15, 2009, 05:30 PM
Waz
Oooh someones showing there age... Music

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

September 16, 2009, 02:12 PM
Dave Ayers
The PC/Focus user interface system was called 'Focus windows' (an unfortunate name in a MS world) and was a menu based system.

I did a lot of work with it back in the day, and I think the file extension was .fmu. There was another extension for exporting the window code, but I can't remember it's name.

Not sure if that is what you are dealing with...

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server
September 16, 2009, 03:33 PM
Tom Flynn
quote:
There was another extension for exporting the window code, but I can't remember it's name.

.trf

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
September 17, 2009, 05:50 AM
GamP
.fmu and .trf were (as far as I remember) from the old character based versions. The extensions stand for 'Focus Menu' and 'transfer'. The Menu file was a binary file, the trf was a normal readable file. You could use that one for import/export and, believe it or not, documentation.
The forms files that JohnB is asking about are the winforms that were introduced in focus 6 as a graphical replacement for the character crtforms.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
September 17, 2009, 12:15 PM
Baillecl
Hi Old Focusers,
How could I miss this 'Ole Man River' song ?
I remember my being angry towards IBx, when they moved to -WINFORM, without any help for moving From -WINDOW to -WINFORM.
What -I think- is funny, is that,now, you can more easily encounter -CRTFORM than -WINDOW
Next time, I'll ask for Cactus story
Cordially and Focusely

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO
September 17, 2009, 08:43 PM
Jim Morrow
I agree with GamP, but climbing into my "way back machine" I remember using Visual Basic to create / change FOCUS 6 Forms.

This worked a lot better that the tool build into FOCUS 6. You had to be careful because there where a few thing a Visual Basic created Form could throw that Focus 6 had trouble catching.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3