Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     your help needed, please...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
your help needed, please...
 Login/Join

<new2focus>
posted
I am counting on the people here to get me started with the following report. I am a java consultant and my client wanted to generate reports using the newly purchased Webfocus. Since there is no one on site with webfocus knowledge, this task is assigned to me. I am reading the Webfocus manuals and learning it myself. I truly appreciate any help on this. The following is the report details.

VENDOR
------
v_id
name
address
contact

COST_ZONES
----------
v_id
zones
category
stores

ITEMS_MASTER
------------
item_id
upc
sale_unit
description
v_id
category

ITEM_COST
---------
item_id
start_date
end_date
net_cost

ITEM_PRICE
----------
item_id
start_date
end_date
retail
margin

I have to create a report for each vendors (user will be selecting the v_id from a dropdown list).
The report (a scaled down version) should look something like this.(If any one is interested I can email you the sample report).
1. Vendor information and the zones info inside the header.
(See my post https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/
2221058331/r/2221058331#2221058331
)
2. A box holds the zone-store mapping which repeats for category
3. item information for all items under the current category.
4. Cost information and price information for the current item (the number of rows can<br /> be different for cost and prices for the same item.

v_id -----------------------------------------------------
name | zone - concatenated store numbers |
address ------------------------------------------------------
contact

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| zone Concatenated store numbers (This box will repeat for every category. see post) |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
item_id description
upc sale_unit

Start Date End Date Net Cost | Start Date End Date Retail Margin
---------- -------- -------- | ---------- -------- -------- --------
01/01/2005 01/20/2005 $1.04 | 01/01/2005 01/20/2005 $1.27 24.8%
01/21/2005 02/15/2005 $0.97 | 01/21/2005 02/15/2005 $1.17 22.4%
02/16/2005 03/01/2005 $1.04 | 02/16/2005 $1.27 24.8%
03/02/2005 $1.03 |

I know that this is not a simple report (atleast where I stand in terms of webfocus). I would truely appreciate any tips, suggestions or code samples to create this report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
your client can put you in contact with their sales rep who can give you the instructions on getting started, can point you to the Education Dept and the educ. resources available on the ibi website. you'll need your site code, as well, which your client got at time of purchase. the educ. resources are quite outstanding.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post